The start sailing course introduces you to the basics of sailing onboard our fleet of 1720 sportyachts, which are stable, dry, comfortable and are sailed as part of a team. Explore the picturesque Dun Laoghaire and Dublin Bay while learning the essentials of sailing.
Start Sailing Syllabus...
We follow the Royal Yachting Association syllabus issuing the RYA Keelboat Level 1 certificate upon course completion. All the course is conducted on the water learning the skills in a hands on manner. The following are all integral parts to the course as we get your sailing career underway!
- Clothing – What to wear afloat and why.
- Ropework – We get you up and running with some basic knots.
- Rigging – How to put the boat together.
- Weather – What’s good to get out in and ultimately what to avoid!
- Setting the sails.
- Steering – getting to grips with the tiller!
- Wind Direction – how to determine where the wind is coming from.
- Upwind, downwind and sailing at 90° to the wind!
A 26-foot 1720 sportyacht which accommodates 4 students and the Instructor. It’s easy to manage and cannot capsize. In fact, our fleet of 1720s have internal buoyancy tanks fitted so can’t sink either!
All specialist gear is provided by us – we provide waterproof clothing and lifejackets. It really is just a case of getting yourself here and letting us do the rest! For more information on gear to bring see our FAQ section.
Sailing Courses - 2019 Dates...
Weekend Courses, Saturday 9.30am-5.30pm and Sunday 10am-5.30pm
- Course 16: 28th and 29th September - Course Fully Booked
- New Date: Course 16B: 5th and 6th October
- Course 17: 12th and 13th October - Course Fully Booked
New courses being added soon to meet demand - please email email@example.com to be the first to know
The course fees are €249. Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195.
Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course, its date and start / finish times! Please ensure to have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling.
Book Online Now...