Here's all you need to know about our Weekend Adult Beginner Yacht Course - For information on our Weekend Adult Beginner Dinghy Course please click here.
The Start Sailing Course introduces you to the basics of sailing. We offer this course in our fleet of 1720 Sportsyachts, which are stable, dry, comfortable and are sailed as part of a team. The course leads to RYA Start Sailing Certification.
Cost: €199 per person
Start Sailing Syllabus . . .
We follow the syllabus as laid down by The Royal Yachting Association. The following are all integral parts to the course as we get your sailing career underway!
- Clothing – What to wear afloat and why.
- Ropework – We get you up and running with some basic knots.
- Rigging – How to put the boat together.
- Weather – What’s good to get out in and ultimately what to avoid!
- Setting the sails.
- Steering – getting to grips with the tiller!
- Wind Direction – how to determine where the wind is coming from.
- Upwind, downwind and sailing at 90° to the wind!
A 26 foot 1720 Sportsyacht which accommodates 4 students and the Instructor/Skipper. The 1720 Sportsyacht is easy to manage and cannot capsize. In fact our fleet of 1720 Sportsyachts have internal buoyancy tanks fitted so can’t sink either!!
All wet gear and safety equipment is provided by us – we provide waterproof clothing and lifejackets. It really is just a case of getting yourself here and letting us do the rest! For more information on gear to bring see our FAQ section.
Sailing Courses - 2017 Dates...
Weekend Courses, Saturday and Sunday (10.30am-5.30pm each day except where stated)
- Course 1: 11th and 12th March - Limited Availability, please call us to book your place
- Course 2: 25th and 26th March
- Course 3: 8th and 9th April
- Course 4: 22nd and 23rd April
- Course 5: 6th and 7th May
- Course 6: 20th and 21st May
- Course 7: 10th and 11th June
- Course 8: 24th and 25th June
- Course 9: 15th and 16th July
- Course 10: 22nd and 23rd July
- Course 11: 12th and 13th August
- Course 12: 19th and 20th August
- Course 13: 26th and 27th August
- Course 14: 9th and 10th September
- Course 15: 23rd and 24th September
Weekday Evening Courses, Monday & Wednesday for 2 weeks (6.30-9.30pm each day)
Evening Course 1: 22nd, 24th, 29th & 31st May
Evening Course 2: 10th, 12th, 17th & 19th July
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195. All major Credit / Debit Cards accepted. Don’t be disappointed, book early! Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course, its date and start / finish times! Please ensure to have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling.
Book Online Now...