The Start Sailing Course introduces you to the basics of sailing. We offer this course in our fleet of 1720 Sportsyachts, which are stable, dry, comfortable and are sailed as part of a team. The course leads to RYA Start Sailing Certification - Keelboat Level 1.
Cost: €249 per person
Start Sailing Syllabus...
We follow the syllabus as laid down by The Royal Yachting Association. The following are all integral parts to the course as we get your sailing career underway!
- Clothing – What to wear afloat and why.
- Ropework – We get you up and running with some basic knots.
- Rigging – How to put the boat together.
- Weather – What’s good to get out in and ultimately what to avoid!
- Setting the sails.
- Steering – getting to grips with the tiller!
- Wind Direction – how to determine where the wind is coming from.
- Upwind, downwind and sailing at 90° to the wind!
A 26 foot 1720 Sportsyacht which accommodates 4 students and the Instructor/Skipper. The 1720 Sportsyacht is easy to manage and cannot capsize. In fact our fleet of 1720 Sportsyachts have internal buoyancy tanks fitted so can’t sink either!!
All wet gear and safety equipment is provided by us – we provide waterproof clothing and lifejackets. It really is just a case of getting yourself here and letting us do the rest!
Sailing Courses - 2020 Dates...
Weekend Courses, Saturday and Sunday (9.30am - 5.30pm on Saturday, and 10am-5.30pm on Sunday except where stated)
- Course 1: 15th and 16th February
- Course 2: 29th February and 1st March
- Course 3: 14th and 15th March
- Course 4: 21st and 22nd March
- Course 5: 4th and 5th April
- Course 6: 18th and 19th April
- Course 7: 25th and 26th April
- Course 8: 9th and 10th May
- Course 9: 23rd and 24th May
- Course 10: 30th and 31st May
- Course 11: Saturday 6th and Saturday 13th June
- Course 12: Saturday 20th and Saturday 27th June
- Course 13: Saturday 18th and Saturday 25th July
- Course 14: Saturday 1st and Saturday 8th August
- Course 15: Saturday 15th and Saturday 22nd August
- Course 16: 5th and 6th September
- Course 17: 19th and 20th September
- Course 18: 3rd and 4th October
- Course 19: 10th and 11th October
- Course 20: 31st October and 1st November
- Course 21: 7th and 8th November
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195. Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course and what to expect! Please ensure to have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling. Our cancellation policy for this course can be viewed here.
Book Online Now...