The Start Sailing Course introduces you to the basics of sailing. We offer this course in our fleet of 1720 Sportsyachts, which are stable, dry, comfortable and are sailed as part of a team. The course leads to RYA Start Sailing Certification - Keelboat Level 1.
Cost: €299 per person
Start Sailing Syllabus...
We follow the syllabus as laid down by The Royal Yachting Association. The following are all integral parts to the course as we get your sailing career underway!
- Clothing – What to wear afloat and why.
- Ropework – We get you up and running with some basic knots.
- Rigging – How to put the boat together.
- Weather – What’s good to get out in and ultimately what to avoid!
- Setting the sails.
- Steering – getting to grips with the tiller!
- Wind Direction – how to determine where the wind is coming from.
- Upwind, downwind and sailing at 90° to the wind!
A 26 foot 1720 Sportsyacht which accommodates 4 students and the Instructor/Skipper. The 1720 Sportsyacht is easy to manage and cannot capsize. In fact our fleet of 1720 Sportsyachts have internal buoyancy tanks fitted so can’t sink either!
All wet gear and safety equipment is provided by us – we provide waterproof clothing and lifejackets. It really is just a case of getting yourself here and letting us do the rest!
Sailing Courses - 2022 Dates
Courses run from 9.30am-5pm each day.
• Weekend Course 1: Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th April
• Weekend Course 2: Saturday 30th April & Sunday 1st May
• Weekend Course 3: Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th May
• Weekend Course 4: Saturday 21st & Sunday 22nd May (FULLY BOOKED)
• Weekend Course 5: Saturday 28th & Sunday 29th May
• Weekend Course 6: Saturday 11th & Sunday 12th June
• Weekend Course 7: Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th June
• Weekend Course 8: Saturday 25th & Sunday 26th June
• Weekend Course 9: Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th July
• Weekend Course 10: Saturday 16th & Sunday 17th July
• Weekend Course 11: Saturday 6th & Sunday 7th August
• Weekend Course 12: Saturday 13th & Sunday 14th August
• Weekend Course 13: Saturday 20th & Sunday 21st August
• Weekend Course 14: Saturday 3rd & Sunday 4th September
• Weekend Course 15: Saturday 10th & Sunday 11th September
• Weekday Course 1: Wednesday 8th & Thursday 9th June
• Weekday Course 2: Monday 13th & Tuesday 14th June
• Weekday Course 3: Wednesday 15th & Thursday 16th June
• Weekday Course 4: Monday 20th & Tuesday 21st June
• Weekday Course 5: Monday 27th & Tuesday 28th June
• Weekday Course 6: Wednesday 29th & Thursday 30th June
• Weekday Course 7: Wednesday 13th & Thursday 14th July
• Weekday Course 8: Monday 18th & Tuesday 19th July
• Weekday Course 9: Wednesday 20th & Thursday 21st July
• Weekday Course 10: Monday 25th & Tuesday 26th July
• Weekday Course 11: Monday 8th & Tuesday 9th August
• Weekday Course 12: Monday 15th & Tuesday 16th August
Amendments to bookings due to COVID-19
If you make a future booking, please be reassured that if the course is unable to go ahead due to public health restrictions we will reschedule the course to a time of your convenience or refund the fees.
EU Digital COVID Certificate
Since the 7th of December 2021 the EU Digital COVID Certificate is required for attending programmes such as the ones we offer. We will apply, expand and restrict this measure in line with regulations in place at the time of the programme. We will not refund fees where someone is unable to produce an EU Digital COVID Certificate at the time of their programme.
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195. Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course and what to expect! Please ensure to have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling. Our cancellation policy for this course can be viewed here.
Book Online Now...