The Start Sailing Course introduces you to the basics of sailing. We offer this course in our fleet of 1720 Sportsyachts, which are stable, dry, comfortable and are sailed as part of a team. The course leads to RYA Start Sailing Certification - Keelboat Level 1.
Cost: €249 per person
Start Sailing Syllabus...
We follow the syllabus as laid down by The Royal Yachting Association. The following are all integral parts to the course as we get your sailing career underway!
- Clothing – What to wear afloat and why.
- Ropework – We get you up and running with some basic knots.
- Rigging – How to put the boat together.
- Weather – What’s good to get out in and ultimately what to avoid!
- Setting the sails.
- Steering – getting to grips with the tiller!
- Wind Direction – how to determine where the wind is coming from.
- Upwind, downwind and sailing at 90° to the wind!
A 26 foot 1720 Sportsyacht which accommodates 4 students and the Instructor/Skipper. The 1720 Sportsyacht is easy to manage and cannot capsize. In fact our fleet of 1720 Sportsyachts have internal buoyancy tanks fitted so can’t sink either!
All wet gear and safety equipment is provided by us – we provide waterproof clothing and lifejackets. It really is just a case of getting yourself here and letting us do the rest!
Sailing Courses - 2020 Dates...
Weekend Courses, Saturday and Sunday (10am - 5.30pm on Saturday and Sunday except where stated)
- Course 2: Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th August - Fully Booked
- Course 3: Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th August - Fully Booked
- Course 4: Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd August - Fully Booked
- Course 5: Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th August - Fully Booked
- Course 6: 5th and 6th September - Fully Booked
- Course 7: 19th and 20th September - Fully Booked
- Course 8: 3rd and 4th October
- Course 9: 10th and 11th October
- Course 10: 31st October and 1st November
Evening Course Dates: Runs 6.30pm-9.30pm on selected dates
- Evening Course 1: Tuesday 4th, Tuesday 11th, Tuesday 18th, Tuesday 25th August - Fully Booked
- Evening Course 2: Thursday 6th, Thursday 13th, Thursday 20th, Thursday 27th August - Fully Booked
Amendments to bookings due to COVID-19
- In light of the current situation, we have significantly relaxed our booking terms and conditions. If courses cannot run due to issues relating to COVID-19 we will move bookings without penalty, or refund fees where a suitable alternative cannot be found.
- Please see the current schedule alterations here.
- If you make a future booking, please be reassured that if the course is unable to go ahead due to restrictions extending beyond the current restrictions we will reschedule the course to a time of your convenience or refund the fees.
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195. Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course and what to expect! Please ensure to have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling. Our cancellation policy for this course can be viewed here.
Book Online Now...