The Start Sailing Course introduces you to the basics of sailing. We offer this course in our fleet of 1720 Sportsyachts, which are stable, dry, comfortable and are sailed as part of a team. The course leads to RYA Start Sailing Certification - Keelboat Level 1.
Cost: €249 per person
Start Sailing Syllabus...
We follow the syllabus as laid down by The Royal Yachting Association. The following are all integral parts to the course as we get your sailing career underway!
- Clothing – What to wear afloat and why.
- Ropework – We get you up and running with some basic knots.
- Rigging – How to put the boat together.
- Weather – What’s good to get out in and ultimately what to avoid!
- Setting the sails.
- Steering – getting to grips with the tiller!
- Wind Direction – how to determine where the wind is coming from.
- Upwind, downwind and sailing at 90° to the wind!
A 26 foot 1720 Sportsyacht which accommodates 4 students and the Instructor/Skipper. The 1720 Sportsyacht is easy to manage and cannot capsize. In fact our fleet of 1720 Sportsyachts have internal buoyancy tanks fitted so can’t sink either!!
All wet gear and safety equipment is provided by us – we provide waterproof clothing and lifejackets. It really is just a case of getting yourself here and letting us do the rest! For more information on gear to bring see our FAQ section.
Sailing Courses - 2018 Dates...
Weekend Courses, Saturday and Sunday (9.30am - 5.30pm on Saturday, and 10am-5.30pm on Sunday except where stated)
- Course 15: 8th and 9th September - Course Fully Booked
- Course 16: 22nd and 23rd September
- Course 17: 6th and 7th October
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195. All major Credit / Debit Cards accepted. Don’t be disappointed, book early! Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course, its date and start / finish times! Please ensure to have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling.
Book Online Now...