How confident are you that you can safely bring a yacht back to a casualty in the water?
It’s every skipper and crews nightmare but with practise you’ll feel more confident should it happen. We’re designed a one-day course to refresh the skills required to not only get a yacht back to a person in the water, but to get them back out of it! Additional components will focus on refreshing you on May-Day procedures too.
Candidates for the ICC Direct Assessment, crews heading off on a charter holiday and Dublin bay race crews will all benefit from this short course.
This is a hands on and practical course, with as little theory time as possible, maximising the time you spend practising this vital technique.
The programme runs on the following dates from 9.30am-5pm each day on board one of our 36-40-foot yachts. Courses meet in the INSS Clubhouse on the West Pier.
- Course 3: Saturday 26th May - Course Fully Booked
- Course 4: Sunday 24th June - Course Fully Booked
- Course 5: Sunday 12th August
The cost of the course is €119, inclusive of waterproof overalls and lifejacket. Lunch will be provided on board the boat.
- 9.30am: Meet at INSS Clubhouse, Welcome and Gear Allocation
- 10am-10.30am: On yacht, safety briefing and familiarisation, May-Day and emergency equipment review.
- 10.30am-1pm: Session 1 – Maneuverers– Recovery under sail and power
- 1-1.30pm: Lunch on board Yacht
- 1.30-4.30pm: Session 2 – More complex manoeuvres and how to recover the casualty into the boat, safety and medical considerations
- 4.30-5pm: Debriefing and Final Questions
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195. Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your sailing course, its date and start / finish times. Please ensure you have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling.