The next step up after getting to grips with the basics at Level 1 sailing course. This highly informative and practical course is conducted on our fleet of 1720 Sportsyachts, where the trainee to instructor ratio of 4:1 ensures plenty of attention to each participant. This course develops your confidence and competence afloat as you make your way up the sailing ladder!
Level 2 concentrates on consolidating what you learned on the level 1 programme, in addition to introducing the following maneouvres and skills:
- Reefing – making your sail area smaller to cope with weather conditions.
- Learning how to pick up a mooring in a variety of wind and tidal conditions.
- Learning how to come alongside a moored boat / pontoon.
- Recovering a person fallen overboard.
- Introduction sailing with a spinnaker!
Successful participants will receive the Keelboat Level 2 certificate.
Course Dates 2017...
Our courses run on Saturday and Sunday from 10:30am to 5.30pm both days.
- Course 8: 14th and 15th October - Just one place remaining, please call 01 2844195 to book
Course Dates 2018...
Our Weekend courses run on Saturday and Sunday from 10:30am to 5.30pm both days.
- Course 1: 14th and 15th April
- Course 2: 28th and 29th April
- Course 3: 26th and 27th May
- Course 4: 30th June and 1st July
- Course 5: 28th and 29th July
- Course 6: 1st and 2nd September
- Course 7: 29th and 30th September
- Course 8: 13th and 14th October
Evening Course: Mondays and Wednesdays (6.30pm-9..30pm)
- Evening Course 1: 25th, 27th June, 2nd, 4th July
The course fee is €199.
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195. All major Credit / Debit Cards accepted. Don’t be disappointed, book early.
Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your sailing course, its date and start / finish times. Please ensure you have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling.