The next step up after getting to grips with the basics at Level 1 sailing course. This highly informative and practical course is conducted on our fleet of 1720 Sportsyachts, where the trainee to instructor ratio of 4:1 ensures plenty of attention to each participant. This course develops your confidence and competence afloat as you make your way up the sailing ladder!
Level 2 concentrates on consolidating what you learned on the level 1 programme, in addition to introducing the following maneouvres and skills:
- Reefing – making your sail area smaller to cope with weather conditions.
- Learning how to pick up a mooring in a variety of wind and tidal conditions.
- Learning how to come alongside a moored boat / pontoon.
- Recovering a person fallen overboard.
- Introduction sailing with a spinnaker!
Successful participants will receive the RYA Keelboat Level 2 certificate. Once you've completed the course you can continue your sailing with the Irish National Sailing Club.
Course Dates 2020...
Our Weekend courses run from 9.30am to 5.30pm on Saturday and 10am-5.30pm on Sunday (except where stated)
- Course 1: 21st and 22nd March - Fully Booked
- Course 2: 25th and 26th April
- Course 3: 16th and 17th May
- Course 4: 30th and 31st May
- Course 5: Saturday 4th and Saturday 11th July
- Course 6: 29th and 30th August
- Course 7: 26th and 27th September
- Course 8: 17th and 18th October
- Course 9: 7th and 8th November
- Course 10: 14th and 15th November
The course fee is €249.
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195. Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course and what to expect! Please ensure you have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling. Our cancellation policy for this course can be viewed here.
Book Online Now...