The next step up after getting to grips with the basics at Level 1 sailing course. This highly informative and practical course is conducted on our fleet of 1720 Sportsyachts, where the trainee to instructor ratio of 4:1 ensures plenty of attention to each participant. This course develops your confidence and competence afloat as you make your way up the sailing ladder!
Level 2 concentrates on consolidating what you learned on the level 1 programme, in addition to introducing the following maneouvres and skills:
- Reefing – making your sail area smaller to cope with weather conditions.
- Learning how to pick up a mooring in a variety of wind and tidal conditions.
- Learning how to come alongside a moored boat / pontoon.
- Recovering a person fallen overboard.
- Introduction sailing with a spinnaker!
Successful participants will receive the RYA Keelboat Level 2 certificate. Once you've completed the course you can continue your sailing with the Irish National Sailing Club.
Course Dates 2021...
Update: 10th March 2021
We’ve carefully been reviewing the indicated roadmap from the government, and examined where the various activities we offer fit into that roadmap. While the boat used to deliver this course is a 26 foot vessel, it is very difficult to fully social distance onboard. While we’re technically allowed to run these courses in higher levels, we’ve feel that Level 2 and down are appropriate levels to deliver these courses. We also feel it’s better to set a realistic date for when this may happen, taking into account that while we hope things progress more quickly, we don’t want to have to disrupt your plans with further cancellations/rescheduling. Therefore, we’ve decided to begin our 2021 programmes in July of this year.
Our Weekend courses run from 10am to 5.30pm on Saturday and 10am-5.30pm on Sunday (except where stated)
- Weekend Course 4: Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th July
- Weekend Course 5: Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th August
- Weekend Course 6: Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th September
- Weekend Course 7: Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th September
- Weekend Course 8: Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th September
Our Weekday courses run from 10am-5.30pm each day
- Weekday Course 6: Monday 5th and Tuesday 6th July
- Weekday Course 7: Wednesday 21st and Thursday 22nd July
- Weekday Course 8: Wednesday 4th and Thursday 5th August
- Weekday Course 9: Monday 16th and Tuesday 17th August
- Weekday Course 10: Monday 23rd and Tuesday 24th August
- Weekday Course 11: Wednesday 25th and Thursday 26th August
The course fee is €299.
Amendments to bookings due to COVID-19
- In light of the current situation, we have significantly relaxed our booking terms and conditions. If courses cannot run due to issues relating to COVID-19 we will move bookings without penalty, or refund fees where a suitable alternative cannot be found.
- Please see the current schedule alterations here.
- If you make a future booking, please be reassured that if the course is unable to go ahead due to restrictions extending beyond the current restrictions we will reschedule the course to a time of your convenience or refund the fees.
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195. Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course and what to expect! Please ensure you have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling. Our cancellation policy for this course can be viewed here.
Book Online Now...