The next step up after getting to grips with the basics at Level 1 sailing course. This highly informative and practical course is conducted on our fleet of 1720 Sportsyachts, where the trainee to instructor ratio of 4:1 ensures plenty of attention to each participant. This course develops your confidence and competence afloat as you make your way up the sailing ladder!
Level 2 concentrates on consolidating what you learned on the level 1 programme, in addition to introducing the following maneouvres and skills:
- Reefing – making your sail area smaller to cope with weather conditions.
- Learning how to pick up a mooring in a variety of wind and tidal conditions.
- Learning how to come alongside a moored boat / pontoon.
- Recovering a person fallen overboard.
- Introduction sailing with a spinnaker!
Successful participants will receive the RYA Keelboat Level 2 certificate. Once you've completed the course we'd encourage you to continue sailing with the Irish National Sailing Club.
Course Dates 2019...
Our Weekend courses run from 9.30am to 5.30pm on Saturday and 10am-5.30pm on Sunday.
- Course 4: 29th and 30th June - Limited Availability, please call 01 2844195 to book
- Course 5: 27th and 28th July
- Course 6: 24th and 25th August
- Course 7: 21st and 22nd September
- Course 8: 19th and 20th October
Our evening courses run over four Tuesday evenings from 6.30pm-9.30pm each evening.
- Course 2: 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th August
The course fee is €249.
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195. All major Credit / Debit Cards accepted. Don’t be disappointed, book early.
Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your sailing course, its date and start / finish times. Please ensure you have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling.