Over the last 5 years we have re-introduced yacht training to our offering, and have found a large group of motivated individuals who want to head abroad during the Summer and skipper their own yacht on holiday. However, the main demographic has been younger people, including couples without kids, as well as those with teenage children, or older. Yachting courses, by their nature, require a bit more time on the water to ensure you’ll be both competent and confident to take your own boat to sea.
What we’re hearing is that those with younger families, already hard-pressed for time, are unable to make the time commitments to get the training to achieve their dream family holiday, exploring the Mediterranean or Caribbean on their very own sailboat, having a new adventure together every day.
In response to this, we’re delighted to be launching a modest schedule of courses where families can book the entire yacht, and their own personal instructor at mid-terms and during the Summer. Training, for all the crew, can take place together as a family right here in Dublin. The programmes not only will get the adults, or older teenagers, to Day Skipper / ICC standard, but younger crew members will get all the training to safely help out on the boat.
Course schedule and concept…
- Course C*: 8th - 11th June (Competent Crew Only)
- Course D*: 5th – 9th July (Competent Crew Only) - Fully Booked
- Course E*: 12th - 15th July (Competent Crew Only)
- Course F: 16th – 20th August - Fully Booked
- Course G: 25th – 29th October
The programme covered will be either the RYA Competent Crew or Day Skipper, depending on experience. No previous experience is required for the Competent Crew, while previous yachting experience to the standard of the competent crew syllabus, and navigation ability to Day Skipper standard is required prior to undertaking the Day Skipper practical. The two programmes can run alongside on the same boat, with training pitched to each individuals level.
The programmes marked with an asterix are 4-day programmes, designed for beginner groups undertaking the competent crew syllabus only. We can of course offer this programme privately, however, the best value is only on offer for the scheduled weeks.
- 5-day course: €2,899
- 4-day course: €2,299
Up to 5 people can be accommodated on the course.
Amendments to bookings due to COVID-19
- In light of the current situation, we have significantly relaxed our booking terms and conditions. If courses cannot run due to issues relating to COVID-19 we will move bookings without penalty, or refund fees where a suitable alternative cannot be found.
- Please see the current schedule alterations here.
- If you make a future booking, please be reassured that if the course is unable to go ahead due to restrictions extending beyond the current restrictions we will reschedule the course to a time of your convenience or refund the fees.
All meals are provided onboard, including snacks. Weatherproof foul weather gear is provided, including lifejackets. You will need to bring your own footwear, and sleeping bag.
Children from 7 years and up will be welcomed aboard. Children aged 16 or over can participate in skipper training, and receive certification for such.
We’d be delighted to chat more about the courses, show you the yachts and generally offer advice about how you can use your training to have the dream family holiday.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch to email@example.com or call 01 2844195.
Book now by calling our team on 01 2844915. Please note, by booking this course you agree to our Terms and Conditions. Our cancellation policy for this course can be viewed here.