Keeping to the successful format of our Summer Sailing Courses our new Keelboat Programme for 15-17 year olds will run from Monday to Friday from 9am-5pm, but exclusively on board our fleet of keelboats. Our instructing team will not only impart the skills required to handle a keelboat, but will also provide training on the more advanced theoretical knowledge required to spend time at seas, covering the larger distances that these boats are capable of. The highlight of each week will be a day trip to a destination chosen by the students, with all planning and execution of the voyage done by the students – with our instructors on hand to help out along the way.
Students do not need to have sailed before to enrol on this programme. The instructors will tailor the teaching to everyone's prior experience. We see this programme being of particular benifit to some of our more advanced sailors who are looking to become instructors in the near future.
Topics covered on each course:
- Boat Handling Techniques for larger craft
- Person Over-board Recovery Techniques
- Anchoring a large keelboat
- Operating in busy marina areas
- Seamanship Skills and developing leadership as a skipper
- Advanced theory including buoyage, International Collision Regulations (IRPCS), meteorology and navigation techniques.
- Passage planning will also form part of the programme, culminating in students executing their own day trip away from base.
Programme dates will be release shortly...
Course fees are the same as our Summer sailing prices, with children in this group counting towards overall discounts on Children's Summer Sailing Courses.
Please note that in order to avail of discount rates children must be booked and paid together in same transaction.
Please get in touch with us of you’re interested in getting your child sailing on this programme. Our team can be contacted on 01 2844195 or email@example.com. Please ensure to have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling your child.