This course is designed for those who wish to get certified in the use of Short-Range Very High Frequency radio telephony. It is assumed the participant has no previous experience so the course leader starts at the very beginning. On our course you will use real VHF radios rather than computer based simulators, we ensure that no more than 2 persons will share a radio at any one stage, this coupled with a complimentary set of course notes mean that you will not only pass the short examination at the end of the course but you will be a hugely competent user of VHF radio.
The Irish National Sailing & Powerboat School is an Irish Department of Transport recognised course provider. We have a high exam pass success rate.
This course is a pre-requisite for many other practical courses and is a legal requirement for anybody who plans to use a VHF set.
- Learning the phonetic alphabet
- Day to day communications
- Emergency & distress calls
- The GMDSS network and system
Course Dates 2020...
- Course 1: Monday 27th, Tuesday 28th, Wednesday 29th, Thursday 30th January
- Course 2: Monday 24th, Tuesday 25th, Wednesday 26th, Thursday 27th February
- Course 3: Monday 23rd, Tuesday 24th, Wednesday 25th, Thursday 26th March
- Course 4: Monday 20th, Tuesday 21st, Wednesday 22nd, Thursday 23rd April
- Course 5: Monday 18th, Tuesday 19th, Wednesday 20th, Thursday 21st May
- Course 6: Monday 6th, Tuesday 7th, Wednesday 8th, Thursday 9th July
- Course 7: Monday 14th, Tuesday 15th, Wednesday 16th, Thursday 17th September
- Course 8: Monday 12th, Tuesday 13th, Wednesday 14th, Thursday 15th October
- Course 9: Monday 16th, Tuesday 17th, Wednesday 18th, Thursday 19th November
Courses run Monday - Thursday 6.30pm-9.30pm each evening, with the course examination taking place on the last day of the course. Course fee €209.
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195 to book onto your chosen course. Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course, its date, start / finish times and specific course information. Please ensure to have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling. Our cancellation policy for this course can be viewed here.
Book Online Now