This course is designed for those who wish to get certified in the use of Short-Range Very High Frequency radio telephony. It is assumed the participant has no previous experience so the course leader starts at the very beginning. On our course you will use real VHF radios rather than computer based simulators, we ensure that no more than 2 persons will share a radio at any one stage, this coupled with a complimentary set of course notes mean that you will not only pass the short examination at the end of the course but you will be a hugely competent user of VHF radio.
The Irish National Sailing & Powerboat School is an Irish Department of Transport recognised course provider. We have a high exam pass success rate.
This course is a pre-requisite for many other practical courses and is a legal requirement for anybody who plans to use a VHF set.
- Learning the phonetic alphabet
- Day to day communications
- Emergency & distress calls
- The GMDSS network and system
2017 Course Dates...
- Course 1: 30th, 31st January, 1st and 2nd February - Course Full
- Course 2: 13th, 14th, 15th and 16th March - Course Full
- Course 3: 10th, 11th , 12th and 13th April - Course Full
- Course 4: 29th, 30th, 31st May and 1st June - Course Full
- Course 5: 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th July - Course Full
- Course 6: 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th September
- Course 7: 16th, 17th, 18th and 19th October
Courses run Monday - Thursday 6.30pm-9.30pm each evening, with the course examination taking place on the last day of the course. Course fee €189.
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195 to book onto your chosen course. Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course, its date, start / finish times and specific course information. Please ensure to have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling.