This course is designed for those who wish to get certified in the use of Short-Range Very High Frequency radio telephony. It is assumed the participant has no previous experience so the course leader starts at the very beginning. On our course you will use real VHF radios rather than computer based simulators, we ensure that no more than 2 persons will share a radio at any one stage, this coupled with a complimentary set of course notes mean that you will not only pass the short examination at the end of the course but you will be a hugely competent user of VHF radio.
The Irish National Sailing & Powerboat School is an Irish Department of Transport recognised course provider. We have a high exam pass success rate.
This course is a pre-requisite for many other practical courses and is a legal requirement for anybody who plans to use a VHF set.
- Learning the phonetic alphabet
- Day to day communications
- Emergency & distress calls
- The GMDSS network and system
- Course 1: 28th, 29th, 30th and 31st January - Course Fully Booked
- Course 2: 25th, 26th, 27th and 28th February
- Course 3: 25th, 26th, 27th, 28th March
- Course 4: 20th, 21st, 22nd and 23rd May
- Course 5: 22nd, 23rd, 24th and 25th July
- Course 6: 23rd, 24th, 25th and 26th September
- Course 7: 11th, 12th, 13th and 14th November
Courses run Monday - Thursday 6.30pm-9.30pm each evening, with the course examination taking place on the last day of the course. Course fee €209.
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195 to book onto your chosen course. Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course, its date, start / finish times and specific course information. Please ensure to have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling.