This course is designed for those who wish to get certified in the use of Short-Range Very High Frequency radio telephony. It is assumed the participant has no previous experience so the course leader starts at the very beginning. On our course you will use real VHF radios rather than computer based simulators, we ensure that no more than 2 persons will share a radio at any one stage, this coupled with a complimentary set of course notes mean that you will not only pass the short examination at the end of the course but you will be a hugely competent user of VHF radio.
The Irish National Sailing & Powerboat School is an Irish Department of Transport recognised course provider. We have a high exam pass success rate.
This course is a pre-requisite for many other practical courses and is a legal requirement for anybody who plans to use a VHF set.
- Learning the phonetic alphabet
- Day to day communications
- Emergency & distress calls
- The GMDSS network and system
2018 Course Dates...
- Course 2: 26th, 27th, 28th and 29th March
- Course 3: 23rd, 24th, 25th and 26th April
- Course 4: 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st June
- Course 5: 30th, 31st July, 1st and 2nd August
- Course 6: 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th September
- Course 7: 22nd, 23rd, 24th and 25th October
Courses run Monday - Thursday 6.30pm-9.30pm each evening, with the course examination taking place on the last day of the course. Course fee €209.
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195 to book onto your chosen course. Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course, its date, start / finish times and specific course information. Please ensure to have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling.