The course is designed to give pleasure boaters and racers the confidence to understand what to do in an emergency. The RYA/ISAF Offshore Safety Course in addition covers the requirements of ISAF Offshore Special Regulations 6.01 for category 0, 1 and some category 2 offshore races.
The course syllabus includes the following;
- Care & Maintenance of Safety Equipment
- Storm Sails
- Damage Control
- Crew Routines
- Man Overboard Prevention and Recovery
- Giving Assistance to other craft
- SAR Organisation and Methods
- Practical Fire Precautions and Fire Fighting
- Distress Alerting and Survivor Location Aids
In addition to time in the classroom there is also a practical session where participants will get experience handling, boarding and using a life raft. This will take place in a local swimming pool with times and location advised upon booking. Times will fall within the overall course times. We will provide lifejackets and oilskins to give you the experience of entering the water and manoeuvring in this gear, however, you are more than welcome to bring your own too.
Course Dates and Times 2018
(Mondays & Wednesday 6.30-9.30pm and Saturday 10.30am-5.30pm), except where stated.
- Course 1: Monday 5th, Wednesday 7th and Saturday 10th February
- Course 2: Monday 9th, Wednesday 11th and Saturday 14th April
- Course 3: Monday 11th, Wednesday 13th and Saturday 16th June
- Course 4: Monday 15th, Wednesday 17th and Saturday 20th October
The course fee is €299.
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195. Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course, its date, start / finish times and specific course information. Please ensure to have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling.