The course is designed to give pleasure boaters and racers the confidence to understand what to do in an emergency. The RYA/ISAF Offshore Safety Course in addition covers the requirements of ISAF Offshore Special Regulations 6.01 for category 0, 1 and some category 2 offshore races.
The course syllabus includes the following;
- Care & Maintenance of Safety Equipment
- Storm Sails
- Damage Control
- Crew Routines
- Man Overboard Prevention and Recovery
- Giving Assistance to other craft
- SAR Organisation and Methods
- Practical Fire Precautions and Fire Fighting
- Distress Alerting and Survivor Location Aids
In addition to time in the classroom there is also a practical session where participants will get experience handling, boarding and using a life raft. This will take place in a local swimming pool with times and location advised upon booking. Times will fall within the overall course times. We will provide lifejackets and oilskins to give you the experience of entering the water and manoeuvring in this gear, however, you are more than welcome to bring your own too.
Course Dates and Times 2020
- Special Pre-Round Ireland Course
- Running Sunday 26th July
- Starts at 9am and runs until late, could be as late as 9pm.
- We'll break for dinner around 5.30pm for half an hour.
The course fee is €299.
Amendments to bookings due to COVID-19
- In light of the current situation, we have significantly relaxed our booking terms and conditions. If courses cannot run due to issues relating to COVID-19 we will move bookings without penalty, or refund fees where a suitable alternative cannot be found.
- Please see the current schedule alterations here.
- If you make a future booking, please be reassured that if the course is unable to go ahead due to restrictions extending beyond the current restrictions we will reschedule the course to a time of your convenience or refund the fees.
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195. Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course, its date, start / finish times and specific course information. Please ensure to have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling. Our cancellation policy for this course can be viewed here.
Book Online Now...