Ever wondered how an outboard engine works? What are the most common preventable problems that occur and what can you do to extend the engines lifespan? All these questions will be answered at a new outboard engine maintenance course, designed and taught by one of Ireland’s most experienced outboard engine mechanics, Brian Hughes.
Brian who has recently retired from the industry is now looking to pass on some knowledge to help boat owners and enthusiasts alike better look after their outboard, and to help prevent down time reducing your time on the water.
Course dates and times...
The course is designed to run over a Saturday and will involve a small bit of classroom work before heading across to the Irish National Sailing & Powerboat School’s maintenance facility where everyone can get their hands dirty. Course runs from 9.30am - 5pm.
- Course 3: Sunday 15th August (10am-5pm)
- Course 4: Sunday 24th November (10am-5pm)
Amendments to bookings due to COVID-19
- In light of the current situation, we have significantly relaxed our booking terms and conditions. If courses cannot run due to issues relating to COVID-19 we will move bookings without penalty, or refund fees where a suitable alternative cannot be found.
- Please see the current schedule alterations here.
- If you make a future booking, please be reassured that if the course is unable to go ahead due to future restrictions we will reschedule the course to a time of your convenience or refund the fees.
What you'll learn...
The aim of the programme is not to make you an expert mechanic. We want you to feel more confident in undertaking minor jobs, but importantly to understand the steps you can take to reduce wear and tear, and generally get more out of the engine.
One interesting component of the day it titled “What not to fiddle with!”, where Brian will point out some of the major pitfalls that can occur when undertaking DIY maintenance.
The cost of the programme is €89, and will include a short guide to getting the most from your engine, prepared by one of Ireland’s top outboard engine mechanics.
Book online below, or call us on 01 2844195 or email email@example.com to book a spot. Please note, by booking this course you agree to our Terms and Conditions.