This course is designed for those undertaking coastal cruising, and the RYA Advanced Powerboat Certificate of Competence Exam. The course builds on the knowledge gained in the Day Skipper Course and includes more advanced navigation techniques.
- Secondary Port Calculations
- Course Shaping and Plotting
- Use of Almanacs in conjunction with Admiralty Publications
- Advanced use of Chartplotters and other Electronic Position Fixing Equipment
- The interpretation of weather forecasts including use of forecasting with a Barometer
- Passage Planning, Routing and Plotting
- Training Charts
- Sample Questions
- Test Papers
What to Bring...
Students can purchase a plotter and dividers by calling us on 01 2844195.
Classroom Course Dates...
Please get in touch with us about doing the course in the classroom on 01 2844195 or by emailing email@example.com.
Course Fee: €499. Includes a hot cooked meal every night, all course notes, books, papers and complimentary tea and coffee.
The Coastal Skipper & Yachtmaster Offshore Theory Course is delivered by Navathome, a RYA Recognised Training Centre specialising in online training. Upon booking, a website link and password will be sent to you, please allow one business day to receive this. You will be tutored /supported by an experienced RYA instructor. Hard copies of training charts are course notes are also sent to you by post. The cost of the programme is €400. The contract is between Navathome.com and the student and please note that by booking this course you agree to terms and conditions of Navathome available here.