The Coastal Navigation for Small Boats course is a short theory course that is ideal for powerboaters. The course is certified by Irish Sailing (national governing body for sailing and powerboating in Ireland) and will teach you all the fundamental navigational skills needed to safely operate a powerboat on longer trips away from base.
This course satisfies the navigation and theory pre-requisits for the Irish Sailing Intermediate Powerboat Certificate (soon to be launched) and Irish Sailing Advanced Powerboat Certificate.
What you’ll be able to do…
- Interpret Weather forecasts, source information and plan accordingly
- Chartwork; identify distances, plot positions, determine course to steer and more
- Understand how to utilise electronic aids to navigation; GPS, Electronic Chart Plotter and more
- Calculate tidal heights
- Identify Buoyage at both day and night
- Prepare detailed passage plans, using charts, interpreting the effect of tide and weather
- Understand and comply with IRPCS
Course Dates and Prices…
The course takes place over 4 evenings from 6.30pm-10pm each evening.
- Course 1: Monday 4th, Wednesday 6th, Monday 11th, Wednesday 13th March - Bookings Open
- Course 2: Tuesday 30th April, Thursday 2nd, Tuesday 7th, Thursday 9th May*
- Course 3: Tuesday 13th, Thursday 15th, Tuesday 20th, Thursday 22nd August*
- Course 4: Tuesday 1st, Thursday 3rd, Tuesday 8th, Thursday 10th October*
* Bookings yet to open on these programmes
The course fees are €149, including all course materials.
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195. All major Credit / Debit Cards accepted. Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course, its date and start / finish times. Please ensure you have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling.
Book Online Now…