Following on from our hugely successful 2017 July Cruising Programme we’re delighted to announce that our Elan 36, Beaufort Venture, will once again spend the month of July cruising the south-east coast of Ireland. A series of 5 mile building passages are planned and what’s more, our Cruising Instructor Gary Curran will personally lead each cruise, so not only will they be great fun, you’ll be able to practise the skills from your yachting programmes and get expert guidance while doing so.
The cost is reduced from what a usual yachting programme would involve to take into account that meals are not included, however, everything that you’d find on one of our Competent Crew or Day Skipper Courses will still be there. Each programme costs €560 per person.
If you’re looking to bring a friend or partner, it is possible for them to join in too.
Please note, you will have to organise travel to the start / from finish locations.
Cruise Details - Please Note: 2018 dates and exact schedules yet to be confirmed
Cruise 1 – Dun Laoghaire to Waterford to Cork - 250nm
- Day 1 - 90nm. - Safety & MOB - Dun Laoghaire to Greystones - 10nm., - Greystones to Wicklow - 12 nm., then night sail to Kilmore Quay - 68nm.
- Day 2 - 44nm - Morning Rest. - Kilmore Quay to Waterford - 29nm. - Waterford to Dunmore - 15nm.
- Day 3 - 56nm. - Dunmore East to Crosshaven - 56nm.
- Day 4 - 37nm. - Crosshaven to Kinsale - 18nm - Kinsale to Crosshaven -19nm
- Day 5 – 18nm. - Crosshaven to East Ferry - 6nm - East Ferry to Cork - 12nm.
Cruise 2 – Cork to Castletownbere to Schull - 180nm
- Day 1 - 36nm - Safety brief & MOB - Cork City to East Ferry - 13nm. - East ferry to Crosshaven - 6nm, then night sail to Kinsale - 17nm.
- Day 2 – 32nm. - Morning Rest - Kinsale to Union Hall – 32nm.
- Day 3 - 24nm. - Union Hall to Schull – 24nm.
- Day 4 - 31nm. - Schull to Crookhaven - 9nm. - Crookhaven to Castletownbere - 22nm.
- Day 5 - 48nm. - Castletownbere to Sherkin - 38nm. - Sherkin to Schull - 10nm.
Cruise 3 – Schull to Castletownbere to Cork - 172nm
Check out our in-depth preview of this cruise here. Please note, for this cruise alone, we'll be offering complementry mini-bus transfer to Schull from Dun Laoghaire.
- Day 1 - 32nm. - Safety & MOB - Schull to Fastnet - 9 nm. - Fastnet to Castletownbere - 23 nm.
- Day 2 - 37nm. - Castletownbere to Crookhaven - 28nm. - Crookhaven to Schull – 9nm.
- Day 3 - 26 nm. - Schull to Baltimore, through the Sound - 9nm. - Baltimore to Union Hall – 15nm.
- Day 4 - 58nm. - Union Hall to Courtmacsherry - 24nm. - Courtmacsherry to Kinsale – 16nm., then night sail Kinsale to Crosshaven – 18nm.
- Day 5 - 19nm. - Crosshaven to East Ferry - 6nm. - East Ferry to Cork City. - 13nm.
Cruise 4 – Cork to Schull to Waterford - 213nm
- Day 1 - 13nm. - Safety Brief & MOB - Cork City to Crosshaven – 13nm.
- Day 2 - 48 nm. - Crosshaven to Kinsale - 18nm. - Kinsale to Union Hall – 31nm.
- Day 3 - 25nm. - Union Hall to Sherkin - 16nm. - Sherkin to Schull, through the Sound – 9nm.
- Day 4.- 76nm. - Schull to Fastnet - 9nm - Fastnet to Kinsale - 49nm - night sail Kinsale to Crosshaven - 18nm.
- Day 5 - 71nm. - Crosshaven to Waterford – 71nm.
Cruise 5 – Waterford to Kinsale to Dun Laoghaire - 286nm
- Day 1 - 71nm - Safety Brief & MOB - Waterford to Dunmore East – 15nm, then night sail Dunmore to Crosshaven – 56nm
- Day 2 - 42nm. - Crosshaven to Cork - 13nm - Cork to Kinsale – 29nm.
- Day 3 – 66nm. - Kinsale to Dunmore East
- Day 4 - 20nm. - Dunmore East to Kilmore Quay, around the Saltees – 20nm.
- Day 5 - 87nm. - Kilmore Quay to Dun Laoghaire incl night Sail - 87nm.
Once you have chosen a cruise that suits you can book online when dates are released, or by calling us on 01 2844195 to book. Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining the programme, its date, start / finish times and specific information. Please ensure to have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling.