We’re delighted to launch our Professional RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Offshore Programme for the 2019 season. Our programme has been designed to help you reach the grade of RYA Yachtmaster Offshore in time for the 2020 summer season, and to assist you through the process of gaining a commercial endorsement.
Our next programme begins in October and consists of intensive and hands on training. By the end of the programme, you’ll have more than covered the required mileage for the RYA Yachtmaster Offshore assessment. There’s an outline of the programme below, but please get in touch with us as we’d like to spend some time to talk to you about the programme in more detail.
The programme fees are €9,950.
Get in touch…
Module 1: Learn to Skipper
- RYA Competent Crew Course: 21st-25th October
- RYA Day Skipper Theory Course: 28th October - 1st November (9am-5pm each day)
- RYA Day Skipper Practical: 4th-8th November
Module 2: Shorebased & Powerboating
- First Aid Course: Sunday 10th November 2019 (9.30am-5pm)
- VHF Course: 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th November (6.30pm-9.30pm each evening)
- PWC (Jetski) Proficiency Course: Monday 11th and Tuesday 12th October (9am-5pm each day)
- Sea Survival Course: Wednesday 13th and Thursday 14th November 2019 (9am-5pm each day)
- National Powerboat Certificate: Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th November 2019 (10.30am-5.30pm each day)
One week off (Monday 18th to Sunday 24th November inclusive)
Module 3: Better Skippering
- Day Navigation and Pilotage Week, Mooring and Manoeuvres: 25th-29th November 2019
- RYA Coastal Skipper Course: 2nd-6th December 2019
- Advanced Night Navigation and Pilotage Week: 9th-14th December 2019
- Distance Sail with instructor 1 - East Coast: 16th-20th December 2019
One and a half weeks off at Christmas (Saturday 23rd to Wednesday 1st January Inclusive)
Module 4: Advanced Powerboat Operations
- Powerboat Tender Operators Certificate: 2nd & 3rd January 2020
- Advanced Powerboat Course: 4th & 5th January 2020
Module 5: Further Sailing – Building Experience and Miles
- Distance Sail with instructor 2 - 6 days: 6th-11th January 2020
- Passage Planning with Instructor: 13th January 2020
- Distance Self Sail 1 - 4 days: 14th-17th January 2020
- Distance Self Sail 2 - 7 days: 20th-26th January 2020
One week break, Monday 27th January to Sunday 2nd February inclusive, during which the crew may take any of the school's yachts out.
Module 6: Yachtmaster Preparation and Assessment
- YM Prep Week 1: 3rd-7th February 2020
- YM Prep Week 2: 10th-14th February 2020
- YM Assessment: 15th & 16th February 2020
Additional Commercial Endorsement Requirements:
- Professional Practises and Responsibilities – Short Online Course we’ll organise for you.
- Medical Examination – Organised by yourself
- Eye Test – Organised by yourself
- Accommodation onboard the yacht during practical courses
- All meals during practical courses
- Use of foul weather gear
- All course materials and books
- All examination and license fees, including VHF SRC License fee and RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Assessment Fees
What’s not included:
Food and accommodation are not provided on days where practical on yacht courses are not taking place, nor during shorebased programmes (Day Skipper Theory, First Aid, Sea Survival and VHF Courses).
We do provide foul weather gear (waterproof overalls) but not footwear, however, we’d strongly recommend purchasing your own set of gear and would be happy to provide advice on what to get.
Our programme is designed with novice sailors in mind. Those with previous experience should get in touch as there may be aspects of the programme that you would not need to complete. Get in touch and we’d be delighted to chat about individual circumstances.
How do the modules work...
Once you complete each certificate course, we'll issue you the certificate straight away. This means if you decide to stop during the programme, you'll have all the qualifications obtained at that point.
We'll use a variety of instructors on the programme, ensuring you'll benefit from a spread of teaching styles and previous experience.
Interested, get in touch…
Please get in touch with us on +353 (0)1 2844195 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our chief instructor Kenneth Rumball is happy to have an in-depth telephone discussion about this programme or ideally, meet you down in Dun Laoghaire, show you the yachts and run you through the programme in detail.