We’re delighted to launch our Proffesional RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Offshore Programme for the 2018 season. Our programme has been designed to help you reach the grade of RYA Yachtmaster Offshore in time for the 2018 summer season, and to assist you through the process of gaining a commercial endorsement.
Our programme begins on Monday the 8th of January and consists of 12 weeks of intensive and hands on training. By the end of the programme, you’ll have more than covered the required mileage for the RYA Yachtmaster Offshore assessment. There’s an outline of the programme below, but please get in touch with us as we’d like to some time to talk to you about the programme in more detail.
The programme fees are €7,999.
Get in touch…
- RYA Competent Crew Course: Monday 8th to Friday 12th January
- RYA Day Skipper Theory Classroom Course: Monday 15th to Friday 19th January (9am-6pm each day)
- RYA Day Skipper Practical Course: Monday 22nd to Friday 26th January
- Department of Marine - VHF SRC Radio Certificate: Monday 29th and Tuesday 30th January (9am-5pm each day)
- Study Day: Wednesday 31st January
- ISAF Offshore Safety/RYA Sea Survival: Thursday 1st and Friday 2nd February (9am-5pm each day)
- Study Day: Saturday 3rd February
- First Aid Course: Sunday 4th February
- RYA Coastal Skipper Theory Course: Online Course in own time
- RYA Coastal Skipper Practical Course: Monday 5th to Friday 9th February
- Advanced Night Navigation and Pilotage Week: Monday 12th to Friday 16th February
- Milebuilding Passages 1: Monday 19th to Friday 23rd February
- Milebuilding Passages 2: Sunday 25th to Thursday 1st March
- Milebuilding Passage 3: Saturday 3rd to Sunday 11th March
- Break: Monday 12th to Friday 16th March
- Yachtmaster Exam Preparatory Week: Saturday 17th to Wednesday 21st March
- RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Offshore Exam: Thursday 22nd and Friday 23rd March
Additional Commercial Endorsement Requirements:
- Professional Practises and Responsibilities – Short Online Course we’ll organise for you.
- Medical Examination – Organised by yourself
- Eye Test – Organised by yourself
- Accommodation onboard the yacht during practical courses
- All meals during practical courses
- Use of foul weather gear
- All course materials and books
- All examination and license fees, including VHF SRC License fee and RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Assessment Fees
What’s not included:
Food and accommodation are not provided on days where practical on boat courses are taking place, nor during shorebased programmes (Day Skipper Theory, First Aid, Sea Survival and VHF Courses).
We do provide foul weather gear (waterproof overalls) but not footwear, however, we’d strongly recommend purchasing your own set of gear and would be happy to provide advice on what to get.
Our programme is designed with novice sailors in mind. Those with previous experience should get in touch as there may be aspects of the programme that you would not need to complete. Get in touch and we’d be delighted to chat about individual circumstances.
Interested, get in touch…
Please get in touch with us on +353 (0)1 2844195 or by email to email@example.com. Our chief instructor Kenneth Rumball is happy to have an in-depth telephone discussion about this programme or ideally, meet you down in Dun Laoghaire, show you the yachts and run you through the programme in detail.