This programme is designed to bridge the gap between introductory sailing courses and competence to a basic level on aboard a cruiser-racer racing predominately inshore.
- Course 1: Dates to be confirmed
The programme fees are €249.
- Sailing racing terms and definitions
- Layout of a racing boat
- General racing etiquette
- Rigging of a racing boat
- Safe use of winches
- Safe use and operation of clutches and cleats on a racing boat
- Set procedures for basic manoeuvres such as tacking, gybing, spinnaker hoists and spinnaker drops.
- Importance of communication
- Outline sailing instructions and racing courses
- Crew safety
- Basic racing rules
This course will be held on an appropriate racing boat based in Dublin Bay. The course will be primarily practical with some small areas covered on the boat in a theory style basis.
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below or by calling us on 01 2844195. All major Credit / Debit Cards accepted. Don’t be disappointed, book early.
Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your sailing course, its date and start / finish times. Please ensure you have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling.