The Irish National Sailing & Powerboat School is delighted to be a partner school for Quarterdeck Academy. We’ve several routes for sailors who want to reach Yachtmaster level.
Quarterdeck.co - Application Process
Check out the Quarterdeck Application Process, where you'll find load of information about how you can spend a summer season sailing with friends from all over the world in Croatia, Greece & Montenegro working as a professional yacht skipper.
Yachtmaster Prep Week and Assessment...
For experienced sailors, you can undertake the RYA Yachtmaster Assessment. Please note the stringent pre-requisites and experience required for this assessment. Prior to the assessment, we run a preparatory week on board the boat you’ll be doing the assessment on. This is very highly recommended.
Yachtmaster Training Programme...
This program culminates in the Yachtmaster Coastal Exam. It has been designed to be the simplest route to gaining all the required sailing certification in order to meet the Quarterdeck entry requirements.
The package includes;
- RYA Competent Crew Course
- RYA Yachtmaster Theory Course, completed online prior to programme attendance
- RYA Dayskipper Practical Course
- RYA Coastal Skipper Course
- Yachtmaster Preparation Week
- Use of Yacht for Yachtmaster Exam
- VHF Radio Course
- First Aid Course
- Accommodation onboard the yacht for the duration of the programme (including weekends)
- Food onboard the yacht while you are participating on practical courses (not provided for weekends on shorebased programmes and rest days).
- All course materials
- Use of sailing gear/safety equipment.
What else is covered?
One of the challenges many new skippers encounter is mooring and anchoring issues. The programme will focuses very heavily on these techniques. Med mooring will also be covered in detail, so that you can be as prepared as possible for your new career.
Chat about your Training Now...
Get in touch to speak to one of our experienced team who will help you achieve your dreams either on the phone +353 1 2844195 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.