This is an excellent course for those looking for a comprehensive and practical step by step guide to all that is powerboating. We have one of the largest and most diverse fleets of powerboats in the country. This includes everything from small tiller arm 15hp right up to RIBs with 175hp on the back.
The course lasts two days and covers:
- Learning how to Leave and Come Alongside a Dock.
- Learning the art of picking up a Mooring.
- Turning in confined spaces / operating in busy marina areas.
- Recovering a person fallen overboard.
- Rules of the Road.
- Launch and Recovery from a Road Trailer.
- Safety and Planning.
- Tying up to a dock.
- All necessary knots to include Round Turn, Reef Knot and Bowline.
The above is just a taste of the many areas covered on the course. We aim to provide you with the perfect foundation and template in the sport of Powerboating. The course is conducted in a number of different boat types which may include tiller arm Yak boats with 15 horse power engines and RIBs (Rigid inflatable boats) of up to 175 horse power.
Pre - Requisites
Minimum age of attendance is 16 years. This course can include all the material from the Level 1 course so you don't need to have completed it in advance. Successful students recieve the National Powerboat Certificate (Level 2).
Two passport style photographs are required to issue the certificate.
€319 per person
2 Persons booking at the same time - €299 per person
3 Persons booking at the same time - €269 per person
Courses can be delivered on non-scheduled dates and on a one-to-one basis (additional charges may apply).
Courses Dates 2018...
Courses run over a Saturday and Sunday from 10.30am until 5.30pm each day, unless stated otherwise.
- Course 25: 18th and 19th August - Limted Availability, please call 01 2844195 to book
- Course 26: 25th and 26th August
- Course 27: 1st and 2nd September
- Course 28: 8th and 9th September
- Course 29: 22nd and 23rd September
- Course 30: 29th and 30th September
- Course 31: 6th and 7th October
- Course 32: 13th and 14th October
- Course 33: 20th and 21st October
- Course 34: 3rd and 4th November
- Course 35: 17th and 18th November
- Course 36: 1st and 2nd December
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195. All major Credit / Debit Cards accepted. Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course, its date and start / finish times. Please ensure you have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling.
Book Online Now