This is an excellent course for those looking for a comprehensive and practical step by step guide to all that is powerboating. We have one of the largest and most diverse fleets of powerboats in the country. This includes everything from small tiller arm 15hp right up to RIBs with175hp on the back. A number of our RIB's are commercially endorsed by the Department of Marine.
The course lasts two days and all the crucial aspects of the sport are covered to include:
- Learning how to Leave and Come Alongside a Dock.
- Learning the art of picking up a Mooring.
- Turning in confined spaces / operating in busy marina areas.
- Recovering a person fallen overboard.
- Rules of the Road.
- Launch and Recovery from a Road Trailer.
- Safety and Planning.
- Tying up to a dock.
- All necessary knots to include Round Turn, Reef Knot and Bowline.
The above is just a taste of the many areas covered on the course. We aim to provide you with the perfect foundation and template in the sport of Powerboating. The course is conducted in a number of different boat types which may include tiller arm Yak boats with 15 horse power engines and RIBs (Rigid inflatable boats) of up to 175 horse power.
Pre - Requisites
Minimum age of attendance is 16 years and a level of comfort on the water. This course can include all the material from the Level one course so it does not need to be completed in advance. Successful students on the course will receive Powerboat Level 2 Certification.
Two passport style photographs are required to issue the certificate.
For a practical, highly informative, value for money and fun Powerboat Programme it has to be The Irish National Sailing and Powerboat School in Dun Laoghaire. Our instructors are some of the best in the business delivering courses on a regular basis.
- €289 per person - €289 per person
2 Persons booking at the same time - €249 per person
3 Persons booking at the same time - €199 per person
Courses can be delivered on other dates and on a one to one basis (additional charges may apply)
Courses 2017 & 2018...
Courses run over a Saturday and Sunday from 10.30am until approximately 5.30pm each day, unless stated otherwise. We are also delighed to run courses during the week. Please get in touch and we can organise a course to suit your schedule.
- Course 33: 2nd and 3rd December - Course Fully Booked
- Course 1: 13th and 14th January
- Course 2: 27th and 28th January
- Course 3: 10th and 11th February
- Course 4: 24th and 25th February
- Course 5: 3rd and 4th March
- Course 6: 10th and 11th March
- Course 7: 24th and 25th March
- Course 8: 7th and 8th April
- Course 9: 14th and 15th April
- Course 10: 21st and 22nd April
- Course 11: 28th and 29th April
- Course 12: 5th and 6th May
- Course 13: 12th and 13th May
- Evening Course 1: 14th-17th May (Monday-Thursday 6.30-9.30pm)
- Course 14: 19th and 20th May
- Course 15: 26th and 27th May
- Course 16: 9th and 10th June
- Evening Course 2: 11th-14th June (Monday-Thursday 6.30-9.30pm)
- Course 17: 16th and 17th June
- Course 18: 23rd and 24th June
- Course 19: 30th June and 1st July
- Evening Course 3: 2nd-5th July (Monday-Thursday 6.30-9.30pm)
- Course 20: 7th and 8th July
- Course 21: 14th and 15th July
- Course 22: 21st and 22nd July
- Course 23: 28th and 29th July
- Course 24: 11th and 12th August
- Evening Course 4: 13th-16th August (Monday-Thursday 6.30-9.30pm)
- Course 25: 18th and 19th August
- Course 26: 25th and 26th August
- Course 27: 1st and 2nd September
- Course 28: 8th and 9th September
- Course 29: 22nd and 23rd September
- Course 30: 29th and 30th September
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195. All major Credit / Debit Cards accepted. Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course, its date and start / finish times. Please ensure you have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling.
Book Online Now