The RYA Intermediate Powerboat Course will teach participants how to safely plan and execute a day passage. This is a perfect course for those who wish to further their navigation and practical powerboating abilities as well as for those who undertake day trips away from their home port.
The course lasts two days and covers;
- Navigation and Chartwork
- Courses to Steer
- Interpreting Tidal Information, including tidal diamonds, tidal streams and tidal curves
- Use of Electronic Chart Plotter
- Fixing position by traditional and electronic means
- Day Pilotage
- Application of IRPCS
- Application of SRC VHF Radio
- Boat Handling in Rougher Weather
- Techniques for picking up a Man Over Board in various conditions
A Typical Passage from an Intermediate Course - Malahide to Dun Laoghaire...
Participants are strongly recommended to have completed a Level 2 Powerboat Certificate course.
It is also recommended that participants hold a VHF Radio Operators Certificate, a First Aid Certificate and have knowledge to the standard of the RYA Day Skipper Theory Course.
Dun Laoghaire Course Dates 2020...
Courses run on Saturdays and Sundays from 9.30am each day.
- Dun Laoghaire Course 1: 8th and 9th February
- Dun Laoghaire Course 2: 21st and 22nd March
- Dun Laoghaire Course 3: 16th and 17th May
- Dun Laoghaire Course 4: 30th and 31st May
- Dun Laoghaire Course 5: 20th and 21st June
- Dun Laoghaire Course 6: 22nd and 23rd August
- Dun Laoghaire Course 7: 10th and 11th October
- Dun Laoghaire Course 8: 21st and 22nd November
The cost of the course is €299.
If the scheduled dates don't suit, get in touch and we should be able to organise a course for times that suit you.
What to Expect...
"Never thought I could learn so much in 2 days, but Kevin the instructor made that happen. The course vastly grew my abilities and my confidence."
Joan - Course Graduate
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195. Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course, its date and start / finish times. Please ensure you have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling. Our cancellation policy for this course can be viewed here.
Book Online Now...