The RYA Intermediate Powerboat Course will teach participants how to safely plan and execute a day passage. This is a perfect course for those who wish to further their navigation and practical powerboating abilities as well as for those who undertake day trips away from their home port.
The course lasts two days and covers;
- Navigation and Chartwork
- Courses to Steer
- Interpreting Tidal Information, including tidal diamonds, tidal streams and tidal curves
- Use of Electronic Chart Plotter
- Fixing position by traditional and electronic means
- Day Pilotage
- Application of IRPCS
- Application of SRC VHF Radio
- Boat Handling in Rougher Weather
- Techniques for picking up a Man Over Board in various conditions
A Typical Passage from an Intermediate Course - Malahide to Dun Laoghaire...
Participants must hold a National Powerboat Certificate (Level 2).
It is strongly recommended that participants hold a VHF Radio Operators Certificate, a First Aid Certificate and have completed the Day Skipper Theory Course.
Dun Laoghaire Course Dates 2018...
Courses run on Saturdays and Sundays from 9.30am each day.
- Course 1: 24th and 25th February 2018 - Course Fully Booked
- Course 2: 14th and 15th April 2018
- Course 3: 16th and 17th June 2018
- Course 4: 11th and 12th August 2018
- Course 5: 15th and 16th September 2018
- Course 6: 10th and 11th November 2018
The cost of the course is €299.
If the scheduled dates don't suit, get in touch and we should be able to organise a course for times that suit you.
What to Expect...
"Never thought I could learn so much in 2 days, but Kevin the instructor made that happen. The course vastly grew my abilities and my confidence."
Joan - Course Graduate
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195. All major Credit / Debit Cards accepted. Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course, its date and start / finish times. Please ensure you have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling.