The RYA Advanced Powerboat Certificate is the pinnacle of powerboating qualifications. This course will allow powerboaters to gain skills in boat handling, seamanship, pilotage and navigation, at both day and night in coastal waters. Some pre-course preparation maybe needed depending on your experience.
- Boat Preparation
- Boat Handling; holding station, coming alongside at speed, lee shore landings
- Rough weather skills
- Meterology; forecast sourcing and interpretation, implications for powerboating
- Navigation; at day and night using GPS, depth sounder, steering and hand bearing compass
- Passage Planning
- International Collision Regulations, day and night shapes
- Safety, search patterns, sea anchor usage
- Basic maintenance, trailing and storage
Previous Experience/Knowledge Required
Participants must hold a RYA Intermediate Powerboat Certificate and have a knowledge of chart work and navigation to that of RYA Coastal Skipper/Yachtmaster Shorebased Certificate.
It is strongly recommended that participants hold a VHF Radio Operators Certificate and a First Aid Certificate.
Course Dates 2017
Courses run on Saturday from 10am-9pm and Sunday from 10am-5pm.
- Course 1: 25th and 26th March - Course Full
- Course 2: 30th September and 1st October - Course Full
- Malahide Course: 21st and 22nd October - ISA Advanced Powerboat Course from our Malahide Base - Details here
- Course 3: 11th and 12th November
Course Fee - €340 per person
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195. All major Credit / Debit Cards accepted. Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course, its date and start / finish times. Please ensure you have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling.