The RYA Advanced Powerboat Certificate is the pinnacle of powerboating qualifications. This course will allow powerboaters to gain skills in boat handling, seamanship, pilotage and navigation, at both day and night in coastal waters. Some pre-course preparation maybe needed depending on your experience.
- Boat Preparation
- Boat Handling; holding station, coming alongside at speed, lee shore landings
- Rough weather skills
- Meterology; forecast sourcing and interpretation, implications for powerboating
- Navigation; at day and night using GPS, depth sounder, steering and hand bearing compass
- Passage Planning
- International Collision Regulations, day and night shapes
- Safety, search patterns, sea anchor usage
- Basic maintenance, trailing and storage
Previous Experience/Knowledge Required
Participants recommended to hold a RYA Intermediate Powerboat Certificate and have a knowledge of chart work and navigation to that of RYA Coastal Skipper/Yachtmaster Shorebased Certificate.
It is strongly recommended that participants hold a VHF Radio Operators Certificate and a First Aid Certificate.
Course Dates 2020
Courses run on Saturday from 9.30am-9pm and Sunday from 10am-5pm.
- Dun Laoghaire Course 1: 18th and 19th January
- Dun Laoghaire Course 2: 22nd and 23rd February
- Dun Laoghaire Course 3: 14th and 15th March
- Dun Laoghaire Course 4: 17th and 18th October
- Dun Laoghaire Course 5: 31st October and 1st November
- Dun Laoghaire Course 6: 28th and 29th November
Course Fee - €340 per person
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195. Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course, its date and start / finish times. Please ensure you have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling. Our cancellation policy for this course can be viewed here.
Book Online Now...