We're delighted to announce the opening of our new Malahide Powerboat Teaching base. Courses are delivered by the Irish National Sailing & Powerboat School – Ireland’s largest and foremost provider of sailing and powerboat training.
Courses are delivered in our fleet of powerboats and all the specialist gear is provided by us. We offer the National Powerboat Certificate, Intermediate Powerboat Certificate and Advanced Powerboat Certificate courses from our Malahide Base – Finding Us – Malahide Directions
National Powerboat Certificate: Ideal for Beginners
This is an excellent course for those looking for a comprehensive and practical step by step guide to all that is powerboating. The course lasts two days and all the crucial aspects of the sport are covered to include:
- Learning how to Leave and Come Alongside a Dock.
- Learning the art of picking up a Mooring.
- Turning in confined spaces / operating in busy marina areas.
- Recovering a person fallen overboard.
- Rules of the Road.
- Launch and Recovery from a Road Trailer.
- Safety and Planning.
- Tying up to a dock.
- All necessary knots to include Round Turn, Reef Knot and Bowline.
Malahide Course Dates:
Courses run on Saturdays and Sundays from 10.30am-5.30pm each day.
- Course B: 13th and 14th April
- Course C: 25th and 26th May
- Course D: 13th and 14th July
- Course E: 24th and 25th August
- Course F: 5th and 6th October
If these dates don’t suit your schedule, you may find one of our courses based in Dun Laoghaire may suit you. Dun Laoghaire Courses – National Powerboat Certificate
€319 per person
2 Persons booking at the same time - €299 per person
3 Persons booking at the same time - €269 per person
Participants must be aged 16 years or older.
All bookings can be made over the phone to 01 2844195 or online below. Please ensure to have read our terms and conditions prior to enrolling.