This course is designed for those seeking to improve their competency in the sport and focuses upon areas such as escorting racing fleets of dinghies, windsurfers and canoes; providing safety and rescue cover for training fleets and assisting in race management duties.
- Preparation of boat for use
- Basic boat handling
- Race management (sailing boats)
- Approaching and assisting sailing dinghies, windsurfers, canoes & kayaks, kitesurfers
- Boat types
- Incident management and medical emergencies
Previous Experience/Knowledge Required:
Participants must hold a National Powerboat Certificate (Level 2) and have at least 8 hours driving experience. It is strongly recommended that participants hold a VHF radio operators certificate and a first aid certificate.
Course Dates 2019
Course run over a Saturday and Sunday from 9.30am to 5.30pm each day.
- Course 1: 16th and 17th February
- Course 2: 6th and 7th April
- Course 3: 7th and 8th September
Cost - €299 per person
If the scheduled dates don't suit, get in touch and we should be able to organise a course for times that suit you.
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195. Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course, its date and start / finish times. Please ensure you have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling.