This course is designed for those seeking to improve their competency in the sport and focuses upon areas such as escorting racing fleets of dinghies, windsurfers and canoes; providing safety and rescue cover for training fleets and assisting in race management duties.
- Preparation of boat for use
- Basic boat handling
- Race management (sailing boats)
- Approaching and assisting sailing dinghies, windsurfers, canoes & kayaks, kitesurfers
- Boat types
- Incident management and medical emergencies
Participants must hold a National Powerboat Certificate (Level 2) or an equivalent certificate and 20 hours driving experience following qualification. It is strongly recommended that participants hold a VHF radio operators certificate and a first aid certificate.
Course Dates 2022
Course 1: Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th February - Fully booked
Course 2: Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd April
Course 3: Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th September
Amendments to bookings due to COVID-19
- In light of the current situation, we have significantly relaxed our booking terms and conditions. If courses cannot run due to issues relating to COVID-19 we will move bookings without penalty, or refund fees where a suitable alternative cannot be found.
- Please see the current schedule alterations here.
- If you make a future booking, please be reassured that if the course is unable to go ahead due to future restrictions we will reschedule the course to a time of your convenience or refund the fees.
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195. Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course, its date and start / finish times. Please ensure you have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling. Our cancellation policy for this course can be viewed here.