This course is the ideal one-day introduction to powerboating. Gain experience in a variety of different craft, including our high-speed RIBs. At the end of this course you'll recieve the Irish Sailing Introduction to Powerboating Certificate.
Who should do this course?
If you’ve never driven a powerboat before and are looking for an informative and exhilarating day on the water this is for you! Participants must be aged 16 years or older.
If you have even a small bit of previous experience, you might consider the weekend long beginner’s course, the National Powerboat Certificate.
Course run on either a Saturday or Sunday from 10am-5.30pm. The course fees are €149, which includes provision of all specialist gear.
- Course 13: Saturday 6th July - Limited availability, please call 01 2844195 to book
- Course 14: Sunday 7th July - Limited availability, please call 01 2844195 to book
- Course 15: Saturday 10th August
- Course 16: Sunday 11th August
- Course 17: Saturday 7th September
- Course 18: Sunday 8th September
- Course 19: Saturday 12th October
- Course 20: Sunday 13th October
- Preparation of powerboat for going to sea
- Starting the engine and safety checks
- Basic manoeuvres and ropework, e.g. parking and tying up to a dock
- Undertaking a RIB trip
- High Speed Handling
- What to do in a Man Over Board situation
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195. Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course, its date and start / finish times. Please ensure you have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling.
Book Online Now