This is an excellent course for those looking for a comprehensive and practical step by step guide to all that is powerboating. We have one of the largest and most diverse fleets of powerboats in the country. This includes everything from small tiller arm 15hp right up to RIBs with 175hp on the back. Successful students recieve the "National Powerboat Certificate".
Who should do this course?
This is an ideal beginner course, covering all you need to know to safely operate a powerboat. This course can include all the material from the introductory course so you don't need to have completed it in advance, however, even limited previous powerboating experience is a help. Participants must be aged 16 years or older.
€319 per person
2 Persons booking at the same time - €299 per person
3 Persons booking at the same time - €269 per person
Courses can be delivered on other dates and on a one to one basis (additional charges may apply)
Dun Laoghaire Courses 2019...
Courses run over a Saturday and Sunday from 10.30am until 5.30pm each day, unless stated otherwise. We've also got courses running from our Malahide Marina Base.
- Course 20: 6th and 7th July - Course Fully Booked
- Course from Malahide Base: 13th and 14th July
- Course 21: 20th and 21st July - Course Fully Booked
- Course 22: 27th and 28th July - Course Fully Booked
- Course 23: 10th and 11th August
- Evening Course 3: 12th, 13th, 14th and 15th August
- Course 24: 17th and 18th August
- Course 25: 31st August and 1st September
- Course 26: 8th and 9th September
- Course 27: 14th and 15h September
- Course 28: 21st and 22nd September
- Course 29: 28th and 29th September
- Course 30: 12th and 13th October 2019
- Course 31: 19th and 20th October 2019
- Course 32: 26th and 27th October 2019
- Course 33: 2nd and 3rd November 2019
- Course 34: 16th and 17th November 2019
- Course 35: 23rd and 24th November 2019
- Course 36: 30th November and 1st December 2019
The course lasts two days and covers:
- Learning how to Leave and Come Alongside a Dock.
- Learning the art of picking up a Mooring.
- Turning in confined spaces / operating in busy marina areas.
- Recovering a person fallen overboard.
- Rules of the Road.
- Launch and Recovery from a Road Trailer.
- Safety and Planning.
- Tying up to a dock.
- All necessary knots to include Round Turn, Reef Knot and Bowline.
The above is just a taste of the many areas covered on the course. We aim to provide you with the perfect foundation and template in the sport of Powerboating. The course is conducted in a number of different boat types which may include tiller arm Yak boats with 15 horse power engines and RIBs (Rigid inflatable boats) of up to 175 horse power.
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195. All major Credit / Debit Cards accepted. Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course, its date and start / finish times. Please ensure you have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling.