This is an excellent course for those looking for a comprehensive and practical step by step guide to all that is powerboating. We have one of the largest and most diverse fleets of powerboats in the country. This includes everything from small tiller arm 15hp right up to RIBs with 175hp on the back. A number of our RIB's are commercially endorsed by the Department of Marine.
The course lasts two days and all the crucial aspects of the sport are covered to include:
- Learning how to Leave and Come Alongside a Dock.
- Learning the art of picking up a Mooring.
- Turning in confined spaces / operating in busy marina areas.
- Recovering a person fallen overboard.
- Rules of the Road.
- Launch and Recovery from a Road Trailer.
- Safety and Planning.
- Tying up to a dock.
- All necessary knots to include Round Turn, Reef Knot and Bowline.
The above is just a taste of the many areas covered on the course. We aim to provide you with the perfect foundation and template in the sport of Powerboating. The course is conducted in a number of different boat types which may include tiller arm Yak boats with 15 horse power engines and RIBs (Rigid inflatable boats) of up to 175 horse power.
Pre - Requisites
Minimum age of attendance is 16 years and a level of comfort on the water. This course can include all the material from the Level one course so it does not need to be completed in advance. Successful students on the course will receive Powerboat Level 2 Certification.
For a practical, highly informative, value for money and fun Powerboat Programme it has to be The Irish National Sailing and Powerboat School in Dun Laoghaire. Our instructors are some of the best in the business delivering courses on a regular basis.
€289 per person
2 Persons booking at the same time - €249 per person
3 Persons booking at the same time - €199 per person
Courses can be delivered on other dates and on a one to one basis (additional charges may apply)
Courses run over a Saturday and Sunday from 10.30am until approximately 5.30pm each day, unless stated otherwise. We are also delighed to run courses during the week. Please get in touch and we can organise a course to suit your schedule.
- Course 1: 14th and 15th January
- Course 2: 28th and 29th January
- Course 3: 11th and 12th February
- Course 4: 25th and 26th February
- Course 5: 11th and 12th March
- Course 6: 18th and 19th March
- Course 7: 25th and 26th March
- Course 8: 8th and 9th April
- Course 9: 22nd and 23rd April
- Course 10: 29th and 30th April
- Course 11: 6th and 7th May
- Course 12: 20th and 21st May
- Course 13: 27th and 28th May - Course Full
- Evening Course 1: 29th, 30th, 31st May and 1st June (Monday-Thursday 6.30-9.30pm)
- Course 14: 10th and 11th June
- Course 15: 17th and 18th June
- Course 16: 24th and 25th June - Limited Availability, Please Call to Book
- Course 17: 1st and 2nd July
- Evening Course 2: 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th July (Monday-Thursday 6.30-9.30pm)
- Course 18: 15th and 16th July
- Course 19: 22nd and 23rd July
- Course 20: 29th and 30th July
- Course 21: 12th and 13th August
- Course 22: 19th and 20th August
- Course 23: 26th and 27th August
- Course 24: 2nd and 3rd September
- Course 25: 9th and 10th September
- Course 26: 23rd and 24th September
- Course 27: 7th and 8th October
- Course 28: 21st and 22nd October
- Course 29: 4th and 5th November
- Course 30: 18th and 19th November
- Course 31: 2nd and 3rd December
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195. All major Credit / Debit Cards accepted. Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course, its date and start / finish times. Please ensure you have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling.