This is an excellent course for those looking for a comprehensive and practical step by step guide to all that is powerboating. We have one of the largest and most diverse fleets of powerboats in the country. This includes everything from small tiller arm 15hp right up to RIBs with 175hp on the back.
The course lasts two days and covers:
- Learning how to Leave and Come Alongside a Dock.
- Learning the art of picking up a Mooring.
- Turning in confined spaces / operating in busy marina areas.
- Recovering a person fallen overboard.
- Rules of the Road.
- Launch and Recovery from a Road Trailer.
- Safety and Planning.
- Tying up to a dock.
- All necessary knots to include Round Turn, Reef Knot and Bowline.
The above is just a taste of the many areas covered on the course. We aim to provide you with the perfect foundation and template in the sport of Powerboating. The course is conducted in a number of different boat types which may include tiller arm Yak boats with 15 horse power engines and RIBs (Rigid inflatable boats) of up to 175 horse power.
Pre - Requisites
Minimum age of attendance is 16 years. This course can include all the material from the Level 1 course so you don't need to have completed it in advance. Successful students recieve the National Powerboat Certificate (Level 2).
€319 per person
2 Persons booking at the same time - €299 per person
3 Persons booking at the same time - €269 per person
Courses can be delivered on other dates and on a one to one basis (additional charges may apply)
Dun Laoghaire Base Courses 2018...
Courses run over a Saturday and Sunday from 10.30am until 5.30pm each day, unless stated otherwise. We've also got courses running from our Malahide Marina Base.
- Course 10: 21st and 22nd April
- Course 11: 28th and 29th April - Course Fully Booked
- Course 12: 5th and 6th May - Limited Availability, please call 01 2844195 to book
- Course 13: 12th and 13th May
- Evening Course 1: 14th-17th May (Monday-Thursday 6.30-9.30pm)
- Course 14: 19th and 20th May
- Course 15: 26th and 27th May
- Course 16: 9th and 10th June
- Evening Course 2: 11th-14th June (Monday-Thursday 6.30-9.30pm)
- Course 17: 16th and 17th June
- Course 18: 23rd and 24th June
- Course 19: 30th June and 1st July
- Evening Course 3: 2nd-5th July (Monday-Thursday 6.30-9.30pm)
- Course 20: 7th and 8th July
- Course 21: 14th and 15th July
- Course 22: 21st and 22nd July
- Course 23: 28th and 29th July
- Course 24: 11th and 12th August
- Evening Course 4: 13th-16th August (Monday-Thursday 6.30-9.30pm)
- Course 25: 18th and 19th August
- Course 26: 25th and 26th August
- Course 27: 1st and 2nd September
- Course 28: 8th and 9th September
- Course 29: 22nd and 23rd September
- Course 30: 29th and 30th September
- Course 31: 6th and 7th October
- Course 32: 13th and 14th October
- Course 33: 20th and 21st October
- Course 34: 3rd and 4th November
- Course 35: 17th and 18th November
- Course 36: 1st and 2nd December
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195. All major Credit / Debit Cards accepted. Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course, its date and start / finish times. Please ensure you have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling.