Bring friends or family on day long excursions aboard a powerboat in confidence and competent you’ll cope with anything that comes up along the way. We’ll teach you how to plan enjoyable coastal passages including developing navigation, pilotage and boat handling skills. At the end of the course, you’ll receive the Irish Sailing Intermediate Powerboat Certificate.
This is a perfect course for those who wish to further their navigation and practical powerboating abilities as well as for those who undertake day trips away from their home port. The course lasts two days and covers;
- Planning and executing a coastal day trip
- Interpreting tidal and weather information
- Boat Handling in rougher weather
- Use of electronic aids to navigation, and what to do when they fail
- Application of IRPCS, VHF radio procedures
- Safety Skills, including Man Over Board skills
You must hold an Irish Sailing National Powerboat Certificate. It’s also strongly recommended to have navigation ability to the standard of the Coastal Navigation for Small Boats course, as well as holding a VHF SRC Radio certificate.
Courses run on Saturdays and Sundays from 9.30am each day.
- Course 5: 31st August and 1st September - Fully Booked
- Course 6: 12th and 13th October - Fully Booked
- Course 7: 9th and 10th November
The cost of the course is €299.
If the scheduled dates don't suit, get in touch and we should be able to organise a course for times that suit you.
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195. All major Credit / Debit Cards accepted. Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course, its date and start / finish times. Please ensure you have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling.