This course is designed for those seeking to improve their competency in the sport and focuses upon areas such as escorting racing fleets of dinghies, windsurfers and canoes; providing safety and rescue cover for training fleets and assisting in race management duties.
The syllabus includes the following:
- Preparation of boat for use
- Basic boat handling
- Race management (sailing boats)
- Approaching and assisting sailing dinghies, windsurfers, canoes & kayaks, kitesurfers
- Boat types
- Incident management and medical emergencies
Previous Experience/Knowledge Required:
Participants must hold a RYA Powerboat Handling (Level 2) Certificate. It is strongly recommended that participants hold a VHF radio operators certificate and a first aid certificate.
An assessment at the beginning of the couse may be required at our discretion. This is to ensure that all participants are at an appropriate skill level to absorb new knowledge and skills.
Course Dates 2020...
Course run over a Saturday and Sunday from 9.30am to 5.30pm each day.
- Dun Laoghaire Course 3: 12th and 13th September
Cost - €299 per person
If the scheduled dates don't suit, get in touch and we should be able to organise a course for times that suit you.
Amendments to bookings due to COVID-19
- In light of the current situation, we have significantly relaxed our booking terms and conditions. If courses cannot run due to issues relating to COVID-19 we will move bookings without penalty, or refund fees where a suitable alternative cannot be found.
- Please see the current schedule alterations here.
- If you make a future booking, please be reassured that if the course is unable to go ahead due to restrictions extending beyond the 29th of March we will reschedule the course to a time of your convenience or refund the fees.
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195. Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course, its date and start / finish times. Please ensure you have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling. Our cancellation policy for this course can be viewed here.
Book Online Now