This is an excellent course for those looking for a comprehensive and practical step by step guide to all that is powerboating. We have one of the largest and most diverse fleets of powerboats in the country. This includes everything from small tiller arm 15hp right up to RIBs with 175hp on the back. Successful students recieve the RYA Powerboat Handling (Level 2) Certificate.
Pre - Requisites
Minimum age of attendance is 16 years. This course can include all the material from the Level 1 course so you don't need to have completed it in advance. Two passport style photographs are required to issue the certificate.
- €319 per person
- 2 people booking at the same time - €299 per person
- 3 people booking at the same time - €269 per person
Full Course Schedule
Courses can be delivered on other dates and on a one to one basis (additional charges may apply).
The course lasts runs on Saturday and Sunday from 10.30am-5.30pm and covers:
- Learning how to Leave and Come Alongside a Dock.
- Learning the art of picking up a Mooring.
- Turning in confined spaces / operating in busy marina areas.
- Recovering a person fallen overboard.
- Rules of the Road.
- Launch and Recovery from a Road Trailer.
- Safety and Planning.
- Tying up to a dock.
- All necessary knots to include Round Turn, Reef Knot and Bowline.
The above is just a taste of the many areas covered on the course. We aim to provide you with the perfect foundation and template in the sport of Powerboating. The course is conducted in a number of different boat types which may include tiller arm Yak boats with 15 horse power engines and RIBs (Rigid inflatable boats) of up to 175 horse power.
Courses run over a Saturday and Sunday from 10.30am-5.30pm each day, unless stated otherwise. You can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195. Please ensure you have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling. Our cancellation policy for this course can be viewed here.
Amendments to bookings due to COVID-19
- In light of the current situation, we have significantly relaxed our booking terms and conditions. If courses cannot run due to issues relating to COVID-19 we will move bookings without penalty, or refund fees where a suitable alternative cannot be found.
- Please see the current schedule alterations here.
- If you make a future booking, please be reassured that if the course is unable to go ahead due to future restrictions we will reschedule the course to a time of your convenience or refund the fees.