This course is the ideal one-day introduction to powerboating. Gain experience in a variety of different craft, including our high-speed RIBs. At the end of this course you'll recieve the Irish Sailing Introduction to Powerboating Certificate.
Who should do this course?
If you’ve never driven a powerboat before and are looking for an informative and exhilarating day on the water this is for you! Participants must be aged 16 years or older.
If you have even a small bit of previous experience, you might consider the weekend long beginner’s course, the National Powerboat Certificate.
2020 Course Dates…
Course run on either a Saturday or Sunday from 10am-5.30pm. The course fees are €149, which includes provision of all specialist gear.
- Course 1: Saturday 28th March
- Course 2: Saturday 18th April
- Course 3: Sunday 3rd May
- Course 4: Saturday 23rd May
- Course 5: Saturday 6th June
- Course 6: Saturday 27th June
- Course 7: Saturday 11th July
- Course 8: Saturday 25th July
- Course 9: Saturday 8th August
- Course 10: Saturday 29th August
- Course 11: Saturday 19th September
- Course 12: Saturday 3rd October
- Preparation of powerboat for going to sea
- Starting the engine and safety checks
- Basic manoeuvres and ropework, e.g. parking and tying up to a dock
- Undertaking a RIB trip
- High Speed Handling
- What to do in a Man Over Board situation
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195. Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course, its date and start / finish times. Please ensure you have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling. Our cancellation policy for this course can be viewed here.
Book Online Now