Bring friends or family on day long excursions aboard a powerboat in confidence and competent you’ll cope with anything that comes up along the way. We’ll teach you how to plan enjoyable coastal passages including developing navigation, pilotage and boat handling skills. At the end of the course, you’ll receive the Irish Sailing Intermediate Powerboat Certificate.
This is a perfect course for those who wish to further their navigation and practical powerboating abilities as well as for those who undertake day trips away from their home port. The course lasts two days and covers;
- Planning and executing a coastal day trip
- Interpreting tidal and weather information
- Boat Handling in rougher weather
- Use of electronic aids to navigation, and what to do when they fail
- Application of IRPCS, VHF radio procedures
- Safety Skills, including Man Over Board skills
You must hold an Irish Sailing National Powerboat Certificate. It’s also strongly recommended to have navigation ability to the standard of the Coastal Navigation for Small Boats course, as well as holding a VHF SRC Radio certificate.
Course Dates 2020...
Courses run on Saturdays and Sundays from 9.30am each day.
- Dun Laoghaire Course 1: 8th and 9th February - Only 1 place remaining
- Dun Laoghaire Course 2: 21st and 22nd March
- Dun Laoghaire Course 3: 16th and 17th May
- Dun Laoghaire Course 4: 30th and 31st May
- Dun Laoghaire Course 5: 20th and 21st June
- Dun Laoghaire Course 6: 22nd and 23rd August
- Dun Laoghaire Course 7: 10th and 11th October
- Dun Laoghaire Course 8: 21st and 22nd November
The cost of the course is €299.
If the scheduled dates don't suit, get in touch and we should be able to organise a course for times that suit you.
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195. Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course, its date and start / finish times. Please ensure you have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling. Our cancellation policy for this course can be viewed here.
Book Online Now...