Bring friends or family on day long excursions aboard a powerboat in confidence and competent you’ll cope with anything that comes up along the way. We’ll teach you how to plan enjoyable coastal passages including developing navigation, pilotage and boat handling skills. At the end of the course, you’ll receive the Irish Sailing Intermediate Powerboat Certificate.
This is a perfect course for those who wish to further their navigation and practical powerboating abilities as well as for those who undertake day trips away from their home port. The course lasts two days and covers;
- Planning and executing a coastal day trip
- Interpreting tidal and weather information
- Boat Handling in rougher weather
- Use of electronic aids to navigation, and what to do when they fail
- Application of IRPCS, VHF radio procedures
- Safety Skills, including Man Over Board skills
You must hold an Irish Sailing National Powerboat Certificate. You can also hold an equivelent qualification with 20 hours driving experience. It’s also strongly recommended to have navigation ability to the standard of the Coastal Navigation for Small Boats course, as well as holding a VHF SRC Radio certificate and First Aid certificate.
An assessment at the beginning of the couse may be required at our discretion. This is to ensure that all participants are at an appropriate skill level to absorb new knowledge and skills.
Course Dates 2020...
Courses run on Saturdays and Sundays from 9.30am each day.
- Dun Laoghaire Course 6: 22nd and 23rd August
- Dun Laoghaire Course 7: 10th and 11th October
- Dun Laoghaire Course 8: 28th and 29th November
The cost of the course is €299.
If the scheduled dates don't suit, get in touch and we should be able to organise a course for times that suit you.
Amendments to bookings due to COVID-19
- In light of the current situation, we have significantly relaxed our booking terms and conditions. If courses cannot run due to issues relating to COVID-19 we will move bookings without penalty, or refund fees where a suitable alternative cannot be found.
- Please see the current schedule alterations here.
- If you make a future booking, please be reassured that if the course is unable to go ahead due to restrictions extending beyond the current restrictions we will reschedule the course to a time of your convenience or refund the fees.
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book online below, or by calling us on 01 2844195. Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course, its date and start / finish times. Please ensure you have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling. Our cancellation policy for this course can be viewed here.
Book Online Now...