Want to join the team?
The Irish National Sailing & Powerboat School is recruiting for 2019, with a particular call for applicants for Children’s Sailing Course positions, as well as Powerboat Instructors for weekend courses.
We’re looking for customer orientated, hardworking and friendly people to join our team. As we all work in an industry which is based around customer’s leisure time, flexibility is a key requirement for any team member. Ideal candidates will be comfortable interacting with both adults and children, be great leaders and be able to work within the parameters of our well-established operating procedures.
- Irish Sailing Dinghy Instructors – Children’s Summer Courses Positions
- RYA Dinghy Instructors – Children’s Summer Courses Positions
- RYA/Irish Sailing Dinghy Instructors - Mid-Week Primary & Secondary School Lessons
- RYA/Irish Sailing Dinghy/Keelboat Instructors – Adult Training
- RYA/Irish Sailing Powerboat Instructors
- RYA Cruising Instructors
- Shorebased Instructors – VHF, Irish Sailing Coastal Navigation for Small Boats, RYA Day Skipper and RYA Coastal Skipper/Yachtmaster Theory
- RYA/Irish Sailing Senior Instructors – Any/All Disciplines
- Sales & Administration Team Members
- Maintenance Team Members
* We offer flexible positions, and for example do not necessarily need someone to be available for the entire Summer period. We’d be interested in hearing from you even if you only had a week or weekend available here or there. This applies to all roles described above.
The Irish National Sailing & Powerboat School is experiencing a welcome growth in course numbers and consequently we are interested in hearing from people who may be able to take on a more senior role in the organisation. While we’re not specifically advertising any positions, we’d be keen to highlight that positions detailed above may include the option of extending beyond the Summer months.
Our deadline for applicants for Summer 2019 positions is Friday 1st of March at 5pm. However, we may begin the interview process earlier, so early applications are encouraged. We are particularly keen to confirm Senior Instructors and would view early applications favourably.
To apply for a position, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants must tailor their CV and cover letter to highlight the following:
- Previous experience, if any
- Skills and qualifications relevant to the discipline they are applying for
- Dates available for employment
New to instructing?
We’re happy to have newly qualified instructors join the team. It can be hard to secure your first position as a sailing or powerboating instructor without previous experience, but we’re happy to have new instructors on the team.
You’ll benefit from mentoring from some of Ireland’s most experienced water sports instructors who have built up a wealth of experience at Ireland’s largest and busiest training centre.
Are you undertaking an instructor or senior instructor course soon? We’d still be happy to receive your application with a view to offering positions based on the outcome of your instructor course.
Programme Information for Applicants:
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the relevant programmes for their application: