Latest News

COVID-19 Update | Children's Sport Training

By Glyn Williams, Wednesday, 21st October 2020 | 0 comments
Filed under: Children's Sailing.

A limited children's sport training activity will continue.

Update: 21st October 2020

The decision by Government to allow for school aged children to continue sports training in outdoor, non-contact and small groups is welcome, however, with this decision there are significant responsibilities placed on the organisers of children’s’ sport’s training.

Consequently, we have examined programmes due to take place for children at the Irish National Sailing & Powerboat School and have agreed a principal to continue with current programmes and students, but not to start new courses or take new enrolments.

The Saturday Sailing Junior Club programme will continue with additional measures in place. Parents have already received an email detailing the operation and consideration other restrictions may have on this programme.

Our Instructor Training Programme is currently comprised totally of school aged participants. In line with the restrictions, this will proceed with the outdoor components of the training, and will be limited to single handed boats (as it has been since Level 3 restrictions were in place).

Our Halloween course will not take place as it would involve a new cohort not currently attending the school, and coupled with the poorer weather for the week would be a challenge to provide an enjoyable and safe environment given the current situation.

Finally, our school’s sailing for Transition Years will carry on in line with regulations for schools and groups currently enrolled, mostly concluding this Friday the 23rd October.

There will be disappointment that we are limiting operations to currently enrolled students and programmes. We are sorry for this, but want to take as cautious a course of action as possible, while balancing the need to allow children some enjoyment in what is an incredibly difficult time for everyone.

As with all programmes, if it’s not safe, it won’t happen, so programmes schedules and operational measures are likely to chop and change over the next 6 weeks. All our students and parents have made implementing the various measures much easier than one could ever imagine. We truly appreciate the cooperation and understanding, and would like to thank everyone for all the help. We hope you’ll continue to bear with us over the next few weeks.

Stay safe, and we look forward to welcoming everyone back onto the water when its safe and permissible to do so.

Loading, please wait...

This is the content for Popup #1


This is the content for Popup #2


This is the content for Popup #3