Latest News

COVID-19 Update | Autumn 2021

By INSS, Saturday, 21st August 2021 | 0 comments
Filed under: INSS News.

Update: 21st August 2021

While many programmes have been able to resume, we’re still not back to full activity levels. Most on the water teaching programmes are back running, albeit with additional protective measures in effect. Shorebased and classroom teaching has not yet been able to resume, which is a significant disappointment as we were fully expecting to be back teaching in the classroom this August. However, boating is about adapting to different circumstances, so we’ll have to adapt to timelines for the easing of restrictions shifting. Once we can resume indoor training, we will with significant protective measures as you would expect to be in place.

Programme Updates...

Children’s Sailing

Our Junior Club programme on Saturdays during the school term will be proceeding in September for children aged 7-17 years. Full details…

Adult Beginner Courses

We’re coming to the end of the beginner programmes on dinghies and 1720s for adults. There are a few places remaining on Level 2 Keelboat Courses. We don’t foresee any reason why currently scheduled beginner programmes do not proceed, but we’ll keep in touch with students in the case of any tightening of restrictions.

Powerboat Courses

Like the beginner sailing programmes, we don’t foresee any reason why scheduled courses do not proceed. We are experiencing a very high demand for powerboat training, coupled with a reduced number on courses, so therefore have not got many places remaining before the end of the year. The 2022 schedule of courses will be published in October, with powerboat training due to resume in January 2022.

Yacht Courses

Competent Crew and Day Skipper Courses have resumed, however, we have limited availability on these programmes due to high demand and reduced capacity. Coastal Skipper and Yachtmaster Preparation courses are due to resume over the next month.

Shorebased Training

Currently most shorebased training cannot take place as was planned for August due to the delay in reopening the indoor training section of society. Depending on the new road map for the further easing of restrictions due later in August we’ll be able to give a further update on all shorebased programmes. It is a significant disappointment for us that programmes in August were not able to proceed as planned, however, we must take into account the regulations and public health advise.


Contacting our team…

Our team remain available on 01 2844195 or

We really appreciate everyone’s patience as we deal with multiple courses needing rescheduling, delayed easing of restrictions and staff correctly following HSE advise to restrict movements etc. The current circumstances are far from ideal, however, we’re not willing to compromise anyones safety and if a programme cannot run as planned we wont do it. The understanding from customers is really appreciated and our thanks is due to all those who are working with us to manage the impact of COVID-19.

Loading, please wait...

This is the content for Popup #1


This is the content for Popup #2


This is the content for Popup #3