Here's the video wrap of 2017!
We've had one of the busiest years on record and are delighted to have seen so many people on our courses. One of our instructor's has compiled some of the highlights into one short video wrap up of the year!
2017 Video Review of the Year...
2017 in Numbers...
- Over 2,500 Children Attended Our Summer Courses
- We taught over 800 adults on our yacht and dinghy programmes
- There were over 300 graduates from our powerboat courses
- Over 200 children sail each Saturday during the school term in the Junior Club
- Jedi’s crew finished 1stin IRC 3B and won the Roger Justice Trophy in the Fastnet Race for the top placed sailing school yacht.
- Jedi came 1st in the ISORA Viking Marine Dublin Coastal Series
- We introduced over 1,000 school students to sailing on our primary and secondary school programmes
- Our instructor competing in the DBSC Turkey Shoot Series, winning one race and finishing 19th overall.
- One new yacht Dream Catcher joined the fleet
- Last July Beaufort Venture cruised the South Coast of Ireland on 5 training cruises.
- We trained 48 new Dinghy Instructors
- Our Junior Club members raised over €2,000 for the RNLI with their 2017 Sail-a-thon
- 150 people gave sailing, kayaking or paddleboarding a go at our Open Day
- We brought the Vikings to Dun Laoghaire Harbour to celebrate its Bicentenary, with 2 Viking Ships and 60 Vikings re-enacting a battle on the water and the East Pier.
- We’ll celebrate our 40th birthday in 2018, having introduced over 150,000 people to sailing in Ireland.
We can't wait for you to join us in 2018.