The Level 2 course concentrates on consolidating what you learned on the Level 1. Learning how to sail on one’s own in a dinghy as opposed to the Yachting option is infinitely harder, the learning curve much steeper but the rewards and ultimate satisfaction make all the hard work well worth it!
In addition to fine honing the skills you will have acquired on the level 1, the level 2 course introduces the following maneouvres and skills:
- Reefing – making your sail area smaller to cope with weather conditions.
- Learning how to pick up a mooring.
- Learning how to come alongside a moored boat / pontoon.
- Recovering a person fallen overboard.
- Introduction to Racing!
As you will be all too aware at this stage, the Laser Pico is a fantastic learner boat, combining durability with comfort and manageability. As the course progresses you’ll be introduced to the more powerful Laser, and double handed boats.
Course Dates 2018...
Courses run from 9.30am to 5.30pm on Saturdays and 10am-5.30pm on Sundays.
- Course 1: 28th and 29th April
- Course 2: 12th and 13th May
- Course 3: 26th and 27th May
- Course 4: 30th June and 1st July
- Course 5: 14th and 15th July
- Course 6: 28th and 29th July
- Course 7: 25th and 26th August
- Course 8: 8th and 9th September
- Course 9: 13th and 14th October
The course fees are €199.
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book by calling us on 01 2844195 to book onto your chosen course. All major Credit / Debit Cards accepted. Don’t be disappointed, book early! Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course, its date and start / finish times. Please ensure to have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling.