The Level 2 course concentrates on consolidating what you learned on the Level 1. Learning how to sail on one’s own in a dinghy as opposed to the Yachting option is infinitely harder, the learning curve much steeper but the rewards and ultimate satisfaction make all the hard work well worth it!
In addition to fine honing the skills you will have acquired on the level 1, the level 2 course introduces the following maneouvres and skills:
- Reefing – making your sail area smaller to cope with weather conditions.
- Learning how to pick up a mooring.
- Learning how to come alongside a moored boat / pontoon.
- Recovering a person fallen overboard.
- Introduction to Racing!
Successful participants will recieve the RYA Level 2 Dinghy Certificate.
The course begins in the Laser Pico. As the course progresses you’ll be introduced to the more powerful Laser, and RS Quest double handed boats.
Course Dates 2019...
Courses run from 9.30am to 5.30pm on Saturdays and 10am-5.30pm on Sundays.
- Course 1: 25th and 26th April
- Course 2: 23rd and 24th May
- Course 3: Saturday 20th and Saturday 27th June
- Course 4: Saturday 18th and Saturday 25th July
- Course 5: Saturday 8th and Saturday 15th August
- Course 6: 5th and 6th September
- Course 7: 26th and 27th September
The course fees are €199. Once you've completed the course you can continue your sailing with the Irish National Sailing Club.
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book by calling us on 01 2844195 to book onto your chosen course. Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course, its date and start / finish times. Please ensure to have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling. Our cancellation policy for this course can be viewed here.
Book Online Now...