The Level 2 course concentrates on consolidating what you learned on the Level 1. Learning how to sail on one’s own in a dinghy as opposed to the Yachting option is infinitely harder, the learning curve much steeper but the rewards and ultimate satisfaction make all the hard work well worth it!
In addition to fine honing the skills you will have acquired on the level 1, the level 2 course introduces the following maneouvres and skills:
- Reefing – making your sail area smaller to cope with weather conditions.
- Learning how to pick up a mooring.
- Learning how to come alongside a moored boat / pontoon.
- Recovering a person fallen overboard.
- Introduction to Racing!
As you will be all too aware at this stage, the Laser Pico is a fantastic learner boat, combining durability with comfort and manageability. As the course progresses you’ll be introduced to the more powerful Laser, and double handed boats.
Course Dates 2017...
The course runs on Saturday and Sunday from 10.30am to 5.30pm each day.
- Course 1: 29th and 30th April
- Course 2: 27th and 28th May
- Course 3: 1st and 2nd July
- Course 4: 29th and 30th July
- Course 5: 26th and 27th August
- Course 6: 2nd and 3rd September
- Course 7: 30th September and 1st October
The course fees are €169.
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book by calling us on 01 2844195 to book onto your chosen course. All major Credit / Debit Cards accepted. Don’t be disappointed, book early! Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course, its date and start / finish times. Please ensure to have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling.