Build on the Level 1 skills, while gaining confidence afloat. The RYA Dinghy Level 2 Course will take your basic skills and teach you the next level of boat control.
In addition to fine honing the skills you will have acquired on the level 1, the level 2 course introduces the following maneouvres and skills:
- Reefing – making your sail area smaller to cope with weather conditions.
- Learning how to pick up a mooring.
- Learning how to come alongside a moored boat / pontoon.
- Recovering a person fallen overboard.
- Introduction to Racing!
Successful participants will receive the RYA Level 2 Dinghy Certificate.
The course begins in the Laser Pico. As the course progresses you’ll be introduced to the more powerful Laser, and RS Quest double handed boats.
Courses run from 9.30am to 5.30pm on Saturdays and 10am-5.30pm on Sundays.
- Course 1: Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd May
- Course 2: Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th June
- Course 3: Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th June
- Course 4: Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th July
- Course 5: Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th August
- Course 6: Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th August
- Course 7: Sunday 5th and Sunday 12th September (10am-5pm each day)
The course fees are €199. Once you've completed the course you can continue your sailing with the Irish National Sailing Club.
Amendments to bookings due to COVID-19
- In light of the current situation, we have significantly relaxed our booking terms and conditions. If courses cannot run due to issues relating to COVID-19 we will move bookings without penalty, or refund fees where a suitable alternative cannot be found.
- Please see the current schedule alterations here.
- If you make a future booking, please be reassured that if the course is unable to go ahead due to restrictions extending we will reschedule the course to a time of your convenience or refund the fees.
Once you have chosen a date that suits you can book by calling us on 01 2844195 to book onto your chosen course. Once you have booked in, we'll send you a confirmation email outlining your course, its date and start / finish times. Please ensure to have read our Terms and Conditions prior to enrolling. Our cancellation policy for this course can be viewed here.
Book Online Now...