Give your child a skill for life on our Summer Sailing Course!
Watching youngsters grow in confidence as they master the art of sailing is one of the great rewards for the staff at the Irish National Sailing and Powerboat School. Our summer courses will entertain, challenge and stimulate your children as they learn how to master a sailing dinghy afloat - and have fun along the way. We're delighted to back again at Poolbeg Yacht & Boat Club for the 2019 season, brining the adventure and fun from Dun Laoghaire into the heart of the city!
Book Now - Call our team on 01 2844195!
What the Instructors and Kids say about the courses...
Summer Course Structure
Students are assigned to groups according to their age, as years of experience has taught us that the children get the most out of the course when training with their peers. Students are grouped as follows 7-10 years, 11-14 years and 15-17 years. Within these groups the students are then sub divided according to their experience. We provide all essential gear for the course, boats and buoyancy aids, while wetsuits can be hired by the week. In addition our instructors are very experienced, the clubhouse facility at Poolbeg has modern changing rooms and we are fully insured. We have an excellent safety record and pride ourselves on our superb reputation.
With exceptional value on offer through multiple bookings, why not give your child the experience of a lifetime and open the door to a life of fun and adventure.
2019 Summer Course Dates - Poolbeg
Our Poolbeg courses run Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm except where stated. Supervision from 8.30am to 5.30pm is available at no extra cost. Finding Us...
- Summer 1: Tuesday 4th – Friday 7th June
- Summer 2: Monday 10th – Friday 14th June
- Summer 3: Monday 17th – Friday 21st June
- Summer 4: Monday 24th – Friday 28th June
- Summer 5: Monday 1st – Friday 5th July
- Summer 6: Monday 8th – Friday 12th July
- Summer 7: Monday 15th – Friday 19th July
- Summer 8: Monday 22nd – Friday 26th July
- Summer 9: Monday 29th July – Friday 2nd August
- Summer 10: Tuesday 6th – Friday 9th August
- Summer 11: Monday 12th – Friday 16th August
- Summer 12: Monday 19th – Friday 23rd August
Childrens Course Prices
Summer Course Price Scales for 5 day weeks: (4 day course prices indicated to right in brackets - week of a bank holiday only)
- 1 Child for 1 Week - € 209 (€ 179)
- 1 Child for 2 Weeks / 2 Children for 1 Week - € 199 Per Child Per Week (€ 170)
- 1 Child for 3 Weeks / 3 Children for 1 Week - € 189 Per Child Per Week (€ 161)
- 1 Child for 4 Weeks (or more) / 4 Children (or more) for 1 Week / 2 Children for 2 Weeks - € 179 Per Child Per Week (€ 153)
Please note that in order to avail of discount rates children must be booked and paid together in same transaction. 4 days courses are only available on weeks that have a Bank Holiday
We provide Lifejacket / Buoyancy Aid. Wetsuits can be hired for €20 per week. Please note that we do not allow short sleeved & legged wetsuits to be worn on our programmes as they do not keep the children warm enough for a full day.
How to book
Bookings can be made over the phone on +353 (0)1 2844195. Most credit and debit cards are accepted. Please review our terms and conditions prior to booking.