The Sea Explorers are the masters of Dun Laoghaire as they explore the Harbour in their Pirate Launch! The programme runs from 9am-12.30pm Monday to Friday during the Summer months.
Sea Explorers spend their day undertaking a wide variety of activities based around the water in Dun Laoghaire Harbour and Seapoint Beach. The day begins at our Clubhouse on the West Pier in Dun Laoghaire. After a short talk about the marine ecosystem students head to Seapoint Beach to explore the sea shore looking for all the marine wildlife. There’s a different focus each day so there’s always something new to explore.
Trips to feed the local family of seals, exploring the historic harbour and fun and games keep everyone entertained. The highlight of the day is the trip around the harbour on our Pirate Launches, where the landmarks of Dun Laoghaire harbour are explored aboard our launch boats flying our Pirate Flag – Argh!
What parents think of the programme…
“One of, if not, the best run summer camp in Dublin. My twins have many memories and have enjoyed the last three years.”
“The course was interesting, exciting and my kids felt really safe in friendly surroundings. Thank you”
Programme Leader – Muriel Rumball…
Muriel Rumball, a former primary school principal and our Science Foundation Ireland accredited DPSM (Discover Primary Science and Maths) programme co-ordinator, leads our Sea Explorers. Muriel is always happy to accommodate any requests, and is approachable for the entire duration of the programme.
What does my child need to bring…
- Raincoat/waterproof jacket
- Change of Clothes
- Hat and Sun cream
- Old Trainers or Crocs
- Packed Lunch
Book Your Child’s Place Now…
Courses run Monday to Friday from 9am to 12.30pm. The cost of the programme is €99 per week (€79 for a 4 day week).
- Easter Break - Tuesday 3rd - Friday 6th April (4 Day Week)
- Summer 1: Tuesday 5th – Friday 8th June (4 Day Week)
- Summer 2: Monday 11th – Friday 15th June
- Summer 3: Monday 18th – Friday 22nd June
- Summer 4: Monday 25th – Friday 29th June
- Summer 5: Monday 2nd – Friday 6th July
- Summer 6: Monday 9th – Friday 13th July
- Summer 7: Monday 16th – Friday 20th July
- Summer 8: Monday 23rd – Friday 27th July
- Summer 9: Monday 30th July – Friday 3rd August
- Summer 10: Tuesday 7th – Friday 10th August (4 Day Week)
- Summer 11: Monday 13th – Friday 17th August
- Summer 12: Monday 20th – Friday 24th August
- Summer 13: Monday 27th – Friday 31st August
If you have any questions or would like to book please call our team on 01 2844195. You can also book online below. Please ensure to have read our terms and conditions prior to enrolling your child.
Remember, 4-6 Years Sea Explorers bookings reduce the cost of sailing courses for older siblings and friends aged 7-17 years. More details...
Book Online Now...