The Sea Explorers are the masters of Dun Laoghaire as they explore the Harbour in their Pirate Launch! The programme runs from 9am-12.30pm Monday to Friday during the Summer months.
Sea Explorers spend their day undertaking a wide variety of activities based around the water in Dun Laoghaire Harbour and Seapoint Beach. The day begins at our Clubhouse on the West Pier in Dun Laoghaire. After a short talk about the marine ecosystem students head to the outdoor classroom Seapoint Beach to explore the sea shore looking for all the marine wildlife. There’s a different focus each day so there’s always something new to explore.
Trips to feed the local family of seals, exploring the historic harbour and fun and games keep everyone entertained. The highlight of the day is the trip around the harbour on our Pirate Launches, where the landmarks of Dun Laoghaire harbour are explored aboard our launch boats flying our Pirate Flag – Argh!
What parents think of the programme…
“One of, if not, the best run summer camp in Dublin. My twins have many memories and have enjoyed the last three years.”
“The course was interesting, exciting and my kids felt really safe in friendly surroundings. Thank you”
Programme Leader – Muriel Rumball…
Muriel Rumball, a former primary school principal and our Science Foundation Ireland accredited DPSM (Discover Primary Science and Maths) programme co-ordinator, leads our Sea Explorers. Muriel is always happy to accommodate any requests, and is approachable for the entire duration of the programme.
What does my child need to bring…
- Raincoat/waterproof jacket
- Change of Clothes
- Hat and Sun cream
- Old Trainers or Crocs
- Packed Lunch
Book Your Child’s Place Now…
Courses run Monday to Friday from 9am to 12.30pm. The cost of the programme is €99 per week (€79 for a 4 day week).
- Easter Course: Tuesday 23rd April to Friday 26th April (No Course on Easter Monday)
- Summer 1: Tuesday 4th – Friday 7th June
- Summer 2: Monday 10th – Friday 14th June
- Summer 3: Monday 17th – Friday 21st June
- Summer 4: Monday 24th – Friday 28th June
- Summer 5: Monday 1st – Friday 5th July
- Summer 6: Monday 8th – Friday 12th July
- Summer 7: Monday 15th – Friday 19th July
- Summer 8: Monday 22nd – Friday 26th July
- Summer 9: Monday 29th July – Friday 2nd August
- Summer 10: Tuesday 6th – Friday 9th August
- Summer 11: Monday 12th – Friday 16th August
- Summer 12: Monday 19th – Friday 23rd August
If you have any questions or would like to book please call our team on 01 2844195. You can also book online below. Please ensure to have read our terms and conditions prior to enrolling your child.
Remember, 4-6 Years Sea Explorers bookings reduce the cost of sailing courses for older siblings and friends aged 7-17 years. More details...
Book Online Now...