The Sea Explorers are the masters of Dun Laoghaire as they explore the Harbour in their Pirate Launch! The programme runs from 9am-12.30pm Monday to Friday during the Summer months.
Sea Explorers spend their day undertaking a wide variety of activities based around the water in Dun Laoghaire Harbour and Seapoint Beach. The day begins at our Clubhouse on the West Pier in Dun Laoghaire. After a short talk about the marine ecosystem students head to Seapoint Beach to explore the sea shore looking for all the marine wildlife. There’s a different focus each day so there’s always something new to explore.
Trips to feed the local family of seals, exploring the historic harbour and fun and games keep everyone entertained. The highlight of the day is the trip around the harbour on our Pirate Launches, where the landmarks of Dun Laoghaire harbour are explored aboard our launch boats flying our Pirate Flag – Argh!
What parents think of the programme…
“One of, if not, the best run summer camp in Dublin. My twins have many memories and have enjoyed the last three years.”
“The course was interesting, exciting and my children felt really safe in friendly surroundings. Thank you”
Programme Leader – Muriel Rumball…
Muriel Rumball, a former primary school principal and our Science Foundation Ireland accredited DPSM (Discover Primary Science and Maths) programme co-ordinator, leads our Sea Explorers. Muriel is always happy to accommodate any requests, and is approachable for the entire duration of the programme.
What does my child need to bring…
- Raincoat/waterproof jacket
- Change of Clothes
- Hat and Sun cream
- Old Trainers or Crocs
- Packed Lunch
Book Your Child’s Place Now…
Courses run Monday to Friday from 9am to 12.30pm. The cost of the programme is €92 per week (€76 for a 4 day week).
- Summer 1 - 6th June to 9th June (4 day week)
- Summer 2 - 12th June to 16th June
- Summer 3 - 19th June to 23rd June
- Summer 4 - 26th June to 30th June
- Summer 5 - 3rd July to to 7th July - Course Full
- Summer 6 - 10th July to 14th July - Course Full
- Summer 7 - 17th July to 21st July - Course Full
- Summer 8 - 24th July to 28th July - Course Full
- Summer 9 - 31st July to 4th August - Course Full
- Summer 10 - 8th August to 11th August (4 day week) - Limited Availability, pre-booking to 01 2844195 is required.
- Summer 11 - 14th August to 18th August
- Summer 12 - 21st August to 25th August
If you have any questions or would like to book please call our team on 01 2844195. You can also book online below. Please ensure to have read our terms and conditions prior to enrolling your child.
Remember, 4-6 Years Sea Explorers bookings reduce the cost of sailing courses for older siblings and friends aged 7-17 years. More details...
Book Online Now...