On Saturday the 4th of May members of the Irish National Sailing & Powerboat School’s Junior Club will take to the water from 10am-5pm as part of a 7-hour sponsored sailing marathon to raise money for the RNLI.
When is it?
The Sail-a-thon will be on Saturday the 4th of May 2019 staring at 10am and running until 5.30pm (Arrive from 9.30am with cheque presentation at 5.15pm)
What differences are there from a normal Saturday?
There are a few differences from a normal Junior Club Saturday to note:
- Firstly, Junior Club members should soon recieve a sponsorship card* and information letter. With this pack, we ask that Junior Club members try to get sponsorship for participating in Sail-a-thon 2019.
- Secondly, times for the Sail-a-thon are different to normal Junior Club hours. The event will run from 9.30am-5.30pm (cheque presentation at 5.15pm). If your child is unable to make the full day, that’s no problem. They are more than welcome to just do what times they can do.
- Finally, we'll be holding a BBQ for all Junior Club members from 1-2pm to say thank you for joining us for the term.
* Sponsorship cards can be collected from the Irish National Sailing & Powerboat School and must be returned (with all collected funds) on the day of the Sail-a-thon (4th May 2019)
What will we be doing?
For the day of the event, we are aiming to get over 120 people out sailing in over 50 boats for over 7 hours in a rostered system ensuring there’s always a boat on the water.
At the end of this busy day all sailors can look forward to prize giving where we will be presenting representatives from Dun Laoghaire RNLI with a cheque for all funds raised!
How can my child get involved?
All Junior Club members are eligible to get involved – even if time constraints have made fundraising impossible.
What does my child need to bring with them?
Please see the list of required items:
- normal sailing gear that each member would bring with them on any given Saturday
- packed lunch
- sponsorship card and funds collected
- warm clothes to get changed into at the end of the day
What happens if we have not been able to collect all the funds by the 4th of May?
Not a problem, just drop them into the Irish National Sailing & Powerboat School and we’ll ensure they get passed on as part of the Sail-a-thon 2019 fundraising cheque!
Have further any questions?
If you have any questions, you can email us at email@example.com or call our team on 01 2844195.