Boat Charter

1720 Race Charter and Coaching

We're delighted to offer our meticulously maintained and race readied 1720s for charter during the DBSC Turkey Shoot and DBSC Spring Chicken Series to past course attendees allowing them to take the next step and race without one of our Team Skippers on board. In addition to the charter, we will also be providing some pre-series coaching to help the team come together and iron out any kinks that may slow you down!


DBSC Turkey Shoot Series

Provisional dates for the series are as follows (Times 9am-1pm approx.):

  • November  6, 13, 20, 27
  • December  4, 11, 18

The cost of charter would be €1,750 for the 7 dates.

Training Date: Saturday 22nd of October (10.30am-5.30pm) - €245 (€99 per person for the crew of 5)


DBSC Spring Chicken Series

Dates* for the series are as follows (Times 9am-1pm approx.):

  • February 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th
  • March 5th, 12th

The cost of charter would be €1,500 for the 6 dates.

*dates to be confirmed by the event organisers, these are provisional at the moment.


Additional Info...

Who can avail of this?

This is open to past course attendees, who in our opinion are of sufficient skill level to compete safely in these series.

Do I need to enter the boat into the competition?

Skippers will need to organise their own entry into these series. Information and entry forms are usually available on the Dublin Bay Sailing Club website ( in advance of the competition.

What Happens if a Race is Cancelled?

As opposed to a training course, if races are cancelled by the DBSC (organising party) there’s no additional date added or refund to make up for this. Sailing by its nature is a heavily weather dependent sport and these are part of the ups and down of competing.

Are there conditions the boat can’t go out?

The Irish National Sailing & Powerboat School team have vast amounts of experience at racing. As we have a duty to your safety we reserve the right to hold a boat ashore, or direct a boat ashore, at any stage if we think the conditions, forecast or crew competence are not safe/sufficient to race safely.

Are there any terms and conditions?

We have a few other requirements that skippers would need to meet as well as some conditions about the charter. We would be delighted to discuss these with prospective skippers further.



Please get in touch on 01 2844195 or by emailing Kenneth Rumball, the centre principal would be delighted to chat about this in more detail.

This is the content for Popup #1


This is the content for Popup #2


This is the content for Popup #3