We’re delighted to launch our Proffesional RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Offshore Programme for the 2018 season. Our programme has been designed to help you reach the grade of RYA Yachtmaster Offshore in time for the 2019 summer season, and to assist you through the process of gaining a commercial endorsement.
Our next programme begins in late September and consists of intensive and hands on training. By the end of the programme, you’ll have more than covered the required mileage for the RYA Yachtmaster Offshore assessment. There’s an outline of the programme below, but please get in touch with us as we’d like to some time to talk to you about the programme in more detail.
The programme fees are €8,999.
Get in touch…
Module 1: Learn to Skipper
- RYA Competent Crew Course: 24th-28th September 2018
- RYA Day Skipper Theory Course: 1st-5th October 2018
- RYA Day Skipper Practical: 8th-12th October 2018
Module 2: Shorebased & Powerboating
- National Powerboat Certificate: Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th October (10.30am-5.30pm each day)
- VHF Course: 15th & 16th October 2018 (9am-5pm each day)
- PWC (Jetski) Proficiency Course: Wednesday 17th and Thursday 18th October (9am-5pm each day)
- Sea Survival Course: Friday 19th and Saturday 20th October 2018 (9am-5pm each day)
- First Aid Course: Sunday 21st October 2018 (9am-5pm)
One week off (Monday 22nd to Sunday 28th inclusive)
Module 3: Better Skippering
- Day Navigation and Pilotage Week, Mooring and Manoeuvres: 29th October to 2nd November 2018
- RYA Coastal Skipper Course: 5th-9th November 2018
- Advanced Night Navigation and Pilotage Week: 12th-16th November 2018
- Distance Sail with instructor 1 - East Coast: 19th-23rd November 2018
Module 4: Advanced Powerboat Operations
- Powerboat Tender Operators Certificate: 26th and 27th November 2018
- Advanced Powerboat Course: 28th and 29th November 2018
Module 5: Further Sailing – Building Experience and Miles
- Distance Sail with instructor 2 - 6 days: 30th November – 5th December 2018
- Passage Planning with Instructor: 8th December 2018
- Distance Self Sail 1 - 5 days: 9th-13th December 2018
- Distance Self Sail 2 - 7 days: 15th December to 21st December 2018
One and a half weeks off at Christmas (Saturday 22nd to Monday 1st January Inclusive)
Module 6: Yachtmaster Preparation and Assessment
- YM Prep Week 1: 2nd-6th January 2019
- YM Prep Week 2: 7th-11th January 2019
- YM Assessment: 12th & 13th January 2019
Additional Commercial Endorsement Requirements:
- Professional Practises and Responsibilities – Short Online Course we’ll organise for you.
- Medical Examination – Organised by yourself
- Eye Test – Organised by yourself
- Accommodation onboard the yacht during practical courses
- All meals during practical courses
- Use of foul weather gear
- All course materials and books
- All examination and license fees, including VHF SRC License fee and RYA Yachtmaster Offshore Assessment Fees
What’s not included:
Food and accommodation are not provided on days where practical on yacht courses are not taking place, nor during shorebased programmes (Day Skipper Theory, First Aid, Sea Survival and VHF Courses).
We do provide foul weather gear (waterproof overalls) but not footwear, however, we’d strongly recommend purchasing your own set of gear and would be happy to provide advice on what to get.
Our programme is designed with novice sailors in mind. Those with previous experience should get in touch as there may be aspects of the programme that you would not need to complete. Get in touch and we’d be delighted to chat about individual circumstances.
Interested, get in touch…
Please get in touch with us on +353 (0)1 2844195 or by email to email@example.com. Our chief instructor Kenneth Rumball is happy to have an in-depth telephone discussion about this programme or ideally, meet you down in Dun Laoghaire, show you the yachts and run you through the programme in detail.